- This event has passed.
Tacoma Maritime Fest 2018
July 29 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
The 25th Maritime Fest celebrating Tacoma’s historic waterfront is set for July 28th and 29th. Join us at this all-ages event and be part of this valued maritime tradition that honors Tacoma’s rich maritime history, the trades that defined its past, and the activities & industry that shape it now.
Celebrating the City of Destiny’s 46 miles of waterfront and rich history, Maritime Fest brings together an array of waterfront organizations: Industrial, environmental, recreational, and nonprofit. Tacoma Maritime Fest is a tradition that nearly a quarter-million people have enjoyed during the past two decades. It is the only community event that celebrates Tacoma’s most important asset: its waterfront.
Admission to the Maritime Fest and the Foss Waterway Seaport is FREE thanks to support from KeyBank.
Sunday, July 29th (10 AM – 5 PM)
- Free admission to the Foss Waterway Seaport courtesy of KeyBank
- Dock Side Tours of Vessels
- Glass Festival at the Museum of Glass with a boat shuttle between the Seaport and the Museum of Glass
- Port of Tacoma Boat Tours leaving from the North End of Docks. Visit this website to reserve a free seat! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-port-of-tacomas-centennial-boat-tours-tickets-33720352482
Who’s going to be on the docks?
- The Tacoma Youth Maritime Foundation Sea Scouts
- The Odyssey, The Curtis, and The Vérité
- Various heritage boats and schooners
We’ll also have:
- Live Music both days
- Roving Pirates
- Bounce Pirate Ship
- Face Painting
- Shanty Singers
- Skilled craftspeople showing off their boat building and model boat building talents
- Model toy boat building
- Food Trucks