- This event has passed.
Sand in the City-Grandparent’s Day
August 23, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sand in the City® Grandparents’ Day is 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 23, 2015.
Sand in the City® features a Sand Sculpting Exhibition, a hybrid of master sculptors and local community groups, access to dozens of FREE art and STEM activities for children, live entertainment, face painting and delicious food!
Sand sculptures are the heart of the festival. They can be viewed Saturday and Sunday. Drop a dollar in the box on Saturday to vote for your favorite. Donations benefit Hands On’s Free & Reduced Admissions Programs.
Additional activities include:
- Special activities for grandparents and grandchildren to do together
- Face Painting
- Dig and create in giant sand boxes
- STEM activities for our youngest guests in the Tot Spot
- Meet live animal guests
- Blow giant bubbles
- Climb the rock wall
- Feast on festival food
- Craft works of art in the Artists’ Workshop
- Cool off with Splash Ball
- Wade in the 250-foot interactive stream
Don’t miss visiting the award-winning Hands On Children’s Museum for a special discounted rate of $5.50 per person Sand in the City weekend!