- This event has passed.
PIER PEER IN TACOMA
March 5, 2016 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm$8
Sponsored jointly by Foss Waterway Seaport and Metro Parks Tacoma, these popular programs are a great way to see the sea life in your area.
Bring your family and join us for an aquatic night-time adventure as you explore hundreds of mysterious life forms below the docks with experienced naturalists!
See and touch creatures brought up from the deep by local divers. Participate in a plankton tow.
After this exciting outdoor adventure, we’ll go inside to warm up, drink hot cocoa and talk about what we saw. Dress for the weather – the docks can be wet – and bring your own flashlights. We provide life jackets as well as scoops to catch sea creatures.
- Pier Peer is for ages 8 and up ONLY!
- $8 per person*
- Each child requires one adult companion.
- Pre-registration required.
- Bring a flashlight or headlamp.
- Personal flotation devices (life-jackets) will be provided and required, but feel free to bring your own.
- Wear good shoes and warm clothes.
- 7:30 – 9 pm
Docks may be wet and slippery!