More outdoor drive in style movies are coming to Tacoma this summer!
We’re so excited to hear about this family friendly outing. Your kids will love going to see a movie drive-in style!
Movies will be held on Fridays in August at the STAR Center.
Advance ticket purchase is REQUIRED. You must show them at entry, and you can’t get them there.
The event is free, but a suggested donation of 20.00 will help fund this and future events.
Safeway Nourishing Neighbors will match your donation doubling your impact to support the community! Just about every agency around has been hit really, really hard by event cancellations and facilities closures, so if you can swing the donation, it is a nice thing to do.
Read on for the movie schedule and more FAQS as well as links to other movies this summer.
Friday, August 7: Star Wars Episode IV – A New Hope (Rated PG)
Friday, August 14: Hidden Figures (Rated PG)
Friday, August 21: The Princess Bride (Rated PG)
Friday, August 28: FernGully: The Last Rainforest (Rated G)
And here are some more FAQS.
- Movies will run rain or shine.
- Recommended donation of $20 per car to support this event and future programs.
- Gates open at 7:00 pm. Cars will be parked from front to back in order of arrival. The first two rows, or “premium parking,” are reserved for 10 highest donors for each movie.
- Arrive early to purchase food from select food truck vendors before the movie starts.
- Large vehicles that take up more than one parking space or are tall enough to block the view of cars behind them will be parked in back rows. RV’s, buses, and large vans are not permitted.
- Movies will begin at dusk. Once the movie has begun, vehicle entry will be limited to back row and possibly with an obstructed view.
- The audio for the movie will be broadcast on an FM radio frequency (frequency to be announced prior to movie). Attendees are strongly encouraged to bring a portable FM radio in order to avoid risk of a dead vehicle battery. FM radio apps on phones will not pick up the audio signal. Audio will also be broadcast on outdoor speakers, but may not be loud enough to hear from all areas of the parking lot.
- No idling. Engines must be off and remain off throughout the event.
GET TICKETS here. (We have no affiliation with this event).
If you go to one, I’d love to hear how you liked it!