Free Event for Kids in Tacoma at the Slater Museum at UPS
This small museum at UPS is a great place to take kids in Tacoma especially if they love museums or have an interest in science, animals, or other brainy things!
- Specimen preparation– The Collections Manager and skinners will be turning dead animals into museum specimens. Ask questions and get hands-on with his dissections and preparations! Specimen preparation will be in room 297.
- Live animals- Get up close and personal with some special guests from the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium!
- West Coast passport- Visit every table and answer each question to collect stickers and fill out a passport. Visitors who complete their passport will earn a Slater Museum temporary tattoo!
- Guest speakers- Associate Professor Kena Fox-Dobbs will talk about her research and Wildlife & Lands Manager Bret Forrester will present Tacoma Power’s wildlife programs!
- Kid’s craft- Make your own backyard bird feeder with a pinecone, Crisco, and bird seed! The kid’s craft will be in room 283.
The event is March 28th, from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. at the University of Puget Sound Campus (located at 1500 N Warner St, Tacoma, WA 98416) in Thompson Hall room 295. More information can be found on the Slater Museum website and Facebook page.