Guys! KidsDay from Auburn Parks, Arts & Recreation is coming up Friday, and you do not want to miss this full day of FREE fun just for kids! It’s totally worth the trip for families anywhere nearby!
It all happens at Les Gove Park, 910 Ninth Street SE on Friday, June 22nd from 11AM-4PM.
There will be inflatable rides, children’s activities, live stage entertainment, mini golf, free museum admission, hundreds of cool vendors (Like US!) and much, much more. Admission is FREE and so are most of the activities!
Do bring a little cash if you want to do attractions like the swings or get some eats from a food vendor.
Parking is available in and around the park, with overflow parking at Grace Community Church and street parking surrounding the park.
My boys and I have gone to this event several times and always had fun. The lines for the inflatables get long, so you might want to encourage your kiddos to check out other stuff because there is so much to do.
We also like to go early or late in the day for even more fun with lighter crowds, but I’ll leave that part up to you.
Now, I do want to give you a few tips based on my experience and reader feedback from last year
- Tip One: Read the information about where to park!! Seriously.
- Tip Two: Consider going earlier or later.
- Tip Three: Get a brochure/map. Except for a limited area of commercial vendors, every booth is required to have a free kid’s activity. Check out the map before you go or grab one when you arrive, so you can plan what attractions to hit, and don’t be shy about asking the different tables you visit what they have for you to do! You might also want to preview the entertainment schedule.
- Tip Four: You will get likely end up with a bunch of swag and things the kids want you to keep. Try to stop by a booth giving out bags early on, or bring your own.
- Tip Five: Come prepared. Yes, this is a popular, busy event. If that’s not your style, well-consider yourself warned. It also looks like it’s going to be hot, so make sure you’re ready for the weather, and you may want to bring the kids’ swimsuits for the spray park.
And, oh, yeah-We’ll be there! Do be sure to stop by the Sounds Fun Mom booth to say, “Hi!” and chat about summer activities. I’d love to meet you.
Disclosure: We are proud to be a media partner with the City of Auburn Parks Department. They’ve been super cool partners of ours since way back when. If you have a chance to say you heard about their events on Sounds Fun Mom, I’d really appreciate it!