If you’re a homeschooling family, you likely have the big Washington Homeschool Organization Convention on your calendar already!
But the convention isn’t just for homeschoolers. Teachers and educators will love it, too. As a matter of fact, any parent who likes to find quality information and activities for their children will find something here. That’s you, right? I thought so!
The convention features a Huge exhibit hall, special interest workshops on a wide range of topics, and hands-on activities for the whole family. The kids can do everything from art projects to a little sword play!
Why Attend? I think our WHO Friends said it best:
At the convention, thousands of families
Are Encouraged by attending one of the many workshops,
Explore the huge Exhibit Hall full of resources,
Get Questions Answered – Stop by the WHO Booth or Homeschool 911 Booth and Meet Experienced Homeschoolers who Can Answer your Questions.
Seriously-If you’ve been thinking about homeschooling, but you’re not sure you can or how it would work, this is the place to go!
All the Details
- While anyone can attend, I’d consider becoming a member, especially if you are homeschoolers. A membership is 40.00, and it’s fully tax deductible. And members can attend both days with everyone living in your household for free (with your paid membership).
- Otherwise, you can get two days of admission for 50.00 for everyone or 30.00 for one adult. All options include the exhibit hall and access to all of the workshops for both days.
- There is also a hall only option on Friday evening for 10.00, but if you’re newer or at any kind of crossroads with your teaching or homeschooling, I think you want more time and access to the workshops.
- It’s a family friendly event. Strollers are welcome, and the aisles are wide. Food trucks will be on hand, but you’re also welcome to bring a sack lunch and use one of the picnic tables.
- There is no Pre-Registration to worry about-just pay at the door, and parking is free.
Location and Dates and Times
- Washington State Fair at Puyallup
110 9th Ave SW, Puyallup, WA 98371
- Friday, June 9th – 9:00 – 7:00
Saturday, June 10th – 9:00 – 4:00
And, oh, yeah….we’ll be there, too! Do come say, “Hi!”
If you’ve been before and you’ve got a tip to share, or if you’d like to share other favorite resources, we’d Love for you to leave a comment!