Free Kids’ Concerts and Show in Parks Summer 2018
Looking for some Free fun for the kids this summer? Aren’t we all?
Did you know communities around the South Sound host big name kids’ entertainers all summer long for FREE? It’s true! I’ll have these great kids’ concerts and shows in the calendar, but I know some of you like to plan ahead, so grab your calendar, call some pals, and make plans for a picnic play date with a free show!
This year’s guide is presented by Lacey in Tune. You’ll find some of the *best* in free entertainment for the whole family in Lacey this summer!
Virtually every city hosts free concerts during the summer months. We’ve highlighted the concerts geared specifically towards kids and families. If you’re a music lover, check out the sites linked below for more offerings. The complete list continues by city below.
On Wednesdays at noon, there will be Kids’ Concerts at Kent’s Town Square Plaza as part of the Kent Summer Concert Series. Here’s the awesome lineup:
- Wednesday, July 11, Tickle Tune Typhoon – These dancing veggies and robots will provide educational topics under the guise of silly fun!
- Wednesday, July 18, Roberto the Magnificent – Unicycles, pogo sticks, juggling knives, oh my! Plenty of giggles are in store for the kids with Roberto the Magnificent!
- Wednesday, July 25, The Brian Waite Band – The Brian Waite Band combines musical theater, imaginative storytelling, laughs, and original songs into great rock ‘n roll concerts that thrill kids and parents alike.
- Wednesday, August 1, Joanie Leeds Brooklyn-based singer/songwriter Joanie Leeds has been compared to Sheryl Crow and Alanis…for kids! Belting out tunes about being green, food fights and hipster culture, Joanie is an award winning artist.
- Wednesday, August 8, The Not-Its! This Seattle “Kindie Rock” quintet will have children and their parents on their feet rocking out to power-packed songs about bugs, haircuts, reading, the 80’s and more. The Not-Its! are Sarah Shannon (former singer of 90’s Sub Pop band Velocity Girl), Danny Adamson (rhythm guitar), Tom Baisden (lead guitar), Jennie Helman (bass player) and Michael Welke (former drummer of Harvey Danger).
- Wednesday, August 15, Recess Monkey – Teachers turned rockers perform kid friendly music with clever lyrics parents love, too.
The City of Auburn hosts the Kids’ Summer Stage on Wednesdays at noon at Les Gove Park, 910 Ninth Street SE
An exciting children’s outdoor concert series that includes music, live animals, magic and LOADS of fun! Spraypark and playground located close by – pack your lunch, swimsuit and towels and spend the afternoon at Les Gove Park! Hands-on ArtRageous art activities offered at all events throughout the series.
After each performance, head to the climbing wall for ‘Get Outside & Climb’, from 1:00-3:00 PM. Unlimited climbing for $5 ($6 non-residents), ages 4 and older. Wristbands available in the Community & Event Center. Belayers, instruction and all equipment is provided.
- Wednesday, July 11 – Mad Science’s Fire & Ice Show
- Wednesday, July 18 – Recess Monkey
- Wednesday, July 25 – Reptile Isle
- Wednesday, August 1 – Steve the Pretty Good Magician
- Wednesday, August 8 – Mister G
- Wednesday, August 15 – Caspar Babypants
***In the event of rain, the concerts will be held inside the Auburn Community & Event Center, located at 910 9th Street SE
The City of Bonney Lake hosts their annual summer Kids’ Club at Allan Yorke Park on Mondays at 6:30 pm. Show lineup below:
- Monday, July 9– Cowboy Buck & Elizabeth
- Monday, July 16 – Reptileman
- Monday, July 24 – The Not-Its
- Monday, July 30 – Alex Zerbe
- Monday, August 6 – Super Stolie
- Monday, August 13– Mister G.
- Monday, August 20-Caspar Babypants
Kiwanis Kids Noon tunes at Pioneer Park from 12-1PM beginning July 10th. Puyallup hosts other concerts; we have included the Food Truck Frenzy event that looks to have kid appeal. You can see the whole schedule for all of them here
- June 30th Reptile Isle and Ring of Torti will be at the Food Truck Frenzy at Bradley Lake Park
Kiwanis Kids Noon Tunes Tuesdays
- Tuesday, July 10th Reptile Isle Reptile Show
- Tuesday, July 17th Norman Foote Disney Recording Artist
- Tuesday, July 24th Brian Waite Band Kids Rock & Roll Adventures
- Tuesday, July 31st Micha & Me Music Show Kids Rock Band
- Tuesday, August 7th Tim Noah #1Family Entertainer
- Tuesday, August 14th Roberto the Magnificent Crazy Comedy Stunt Show
- Tuesday, August 21st This one is at Bradley Lake The Not-Its
Children’s Entertainment Tuesdays, June 26 – August 7, 6:30 p.m.
This 7-week series for kids and families is offered Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. at Huntamer Park. Each week features unique entertainment, from comedy for kids to fun family bands.Also look for their family concerts and movies. Lacey has great FREE family fun all summer!
- Tuesday, June 26 Harmonica Pocket-Musical Adventure
- Tuesday, July 10 Norman Foote-kids Music and Comedy
- Tuesday, July 17 Vikki Gasko Green-Ventriloquist
- Tuesday, July 24 Jenuwin Presents ‘Unicorns Believe’-Musical Show
- Tuesday, July 31 Creature Teachers-Creatures Up Close and Personal
- Tuesday, August 7 The Not-Its Kids Rock Band