Have you ever shopped the huge Just Between Friends Tacoma sale at the Puyallup fairgrounds? This is one of the biggest JBF events in the country! We think it’s a must-do for bargain hunters, but there are a few tips you should know if you’re a newbie because you’re dealing with Two Full Floors of items!
Note from SFM-We are doing a giveaway for Prime Time Shopping Passes right now, but that is a different post. Please don’t enter on this one!
Must Dos For Shopping The Just Between Friends Sale
- Do remember to bring your own baskets or reusable bags to haul your loot. This is KEY!
- Do get a free ticket. No need to pay admission, guys. There are passes all around town, or go here to get a free ticket.
- Do time it right! You can use the chart below to plan the best time to shop. If you’re determined to hit the sale early, just be prepared for long checkout lines. Bring a book or play some Candy Crush.
- Do make sure you’ve gone to the bathroom before you start shopping and definitely before you get in line (see above).
- Do leave the kiddos at home. Unless your kids are old enough to help or small enough to be strapped to your chest, I think you’ll find it very difficult to go through the clothes and equipment while also watching your kiddos. I’ve seen plenty of mommas trying it, and it never looks like fun.
- Do check your closets and make a list. One of the things I love about JBF is that if I find a surprise I wasn’t planning on, I can afford it! But I do try to go through my boys’ things first so I know what we need (Pants! Always!) and what we really don’t. If you have a hard time sticking to a budget, consider bringing cash only.
- Do bring your brand savvy bestie. I think at any consignment event you’ll get the most bang for your buck if you know what brands retail for new. If you haven’t been shopping for little ones long enough to be familiar with popular brands and store lines, consider bringing a pal who knows her stuff!
- Do inspect your merch! JBF checks for recalls, and they do a good job of making sure the duds are in good shape, too. Nonetheless, it’s a consignment event, and any time you’re looking at used items you’ll want to give them a careful check.
- Do check the equipment, toys, books, and games. I think this section gets a bit overlooked compared to the clothing. Don’t miss your chance to score in this department!
- Do think about coming back on Sunday! I know a lot of moms swear by shopping early, but I have to tell you I’ve never had a problem finding great stuff any day of this sale. Most items are half off on Sunday, so if you go early in the week you might consider making another trip on Sunday. Yes, there will be less selection, but most of what’s left is Half Off. Did I say that already?
Have you shopped this sale before? We’d love for you to leave your best tips, too.
If you can’t make this one, there are also JBF events in Olympia and Seattle, and the Seattle one is now going to be at an easy, Federal Way location. There are also several other consignment events coming up from other franchises. Happy shopping!
PS Don’t forget to enter to win a Prime Time Shopping Pass!