Have you ever shopped the huge Just Between Friends Tacoma sale at the Puyallup fairgrounds? This is one of the biggest JBF events in the country! We think it’s a must-do for bargain hunters, but there are a few tips you should know if you’re a newbie because you’re dealing with Two Full Floors of items!
Must Dos For Shopping The Just Between Friends Sale
- Do think about bringing a wagon or wheeled cart. There are those big, blue Ikea bags for your shopping, but they do get heavy!
- Do get a free ticket. No need to pay admission, guys. There are passes all around town, or go right here to our post for one you can display on your phone.
- Do time it right! You can use the chart below to plan the best time to shop. If you’re determined to hit the sale early, just be prepared for long checkout lines. We recommend chatting with the folks around you about your favorite local web site. HINT!
- Do make sure you’ve gone to the bathroom before you start shopping and definitely before you get in line (see above).
- Do leave the kiddos at home. Unless your kids are old enough to help or small enough to be strapped to your chest, I think you’ll find it very difficult to go through the clothes and equipment while also watching your kiddos. I’ve seen plenty of mommas trying it, and it never looks like fun.
- Do check your closets and make a list. One of the things I love about JBF is that if I find a surprise I wasn’t planning on, I can afford it! But I do try to go through my boys’ things first so I know what we need (Pants! Always!) and what we really don’t. If you have a hard time sticking to a budget, consider bringing cash only.
- Do bring your brand savvy bestie. I think at any consignment event you’ll get the most bang for your buck if you know what brands retail for new. If you haven’t been shopping for little ones long enough to be familiar with popular brands and store lines, consider bringing a pal who knows her stuff!
- Do inspect your merch! JBF checks for recalls, and they do a good job of making sure the duds are in good shape, too. Nonetheless, it’s a consignment event, and any time you’re looking at used items you’ll want to give them a careful check.
- Do check the equipment, toys, books, and games. I think this section gets a bit overlooked compared to the clothing. Don’t miss your chance to score in this department!
- Do think about coming back on Sunday! I know a lot of moms swear by shopping early, but I have to tell you I’ve never had a problem finding great stuff any day of this sale. Most items are half off on Sunday, so if you go early in the week you might consider making another trip on Sunday. Yes, there will be less selection, but most of what’s left is Half Off. Did I say that already?
Remember to show the pass here for free entry!
Have you shopped this sale before? We’d love for you to leave your best tips, too.
If you can’t make this one, there are also JBF events in Olympia and Seattle (typically held in Federal Way), and Seattle East (typically Issaquah). There are also several other consignment events coming up from other franchises. Happy shopping.