Update-Applications are ongoing. The next recipient will be chosen this fall, so if you know a deserving tween or teen encourage him/her to get an application in now! If you missed this the last time we shared it, read on for more!
Do you know a local family who can’t afford braces for a tween or teen who really needs them?
I’m so excited to tell you about this amazing opportunity for a deserving area teen to get FREE braces. Yes, FREE.
It’s a program via the South Puget Sound chapter of Smile for a Lifetime and our friends at Molen Orthodontics. The details are all below. As with other scholarships, there is an application that needs to be filled out, and not everyone will qualify, but it’s definitely worth doing the application. This program has already changed the smiles (and the lives!) of some great, deserving tweens and teens, and one you know could be next! I seriously get emotional just writing this…..
If you know folks who teach or work with tweens or teens, I hope you’ll also consider passing this on
• Must be a resident of Auburn, Enumclaw, Sumner or surrounding communities.
• Between the ages of 11 and 17
• Family income no more than 185% of poverty level (generally if applicant receives free/reduced lunch they would meet the financial qualification)
• Have a significant aesthetic need for braces
• Enrolled in school with a minimum 2.0 GPA in good standing
• Have a positive attitude
• Agree to follow the treatment plan and demonstrate the ability and commitment to keep all appointments
• Be willing to complete 40 hours of community service over the course of treatment
How to Apply:
To become a candidate, interested patients between the ages of 11-17 should fill out a Smile for a Lifetime application
Disclosure: We have a sponsorship relationship with Molen, but I did this post for Free because I think it’s an amazing opportunity. If you do, too, please pass it on, and tell the doctors at Molen thanks if you have a chance to do that, too! Thanks! 🙂