Let’s keep our season of giveaways going with a prize I know you’ll be excited about!
We have three family packs of four tickets each to Zoolights, the annual light show at the Point Defiance Zoo!
Zoolights does close for Christmas Eve, but it is open from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. every other night, including Christmas Night and every evening through January 1st, including New Year’s Eve! This makes it a great winer break option, or perfect if you’re looking for something to do with the kids December 25h.
Haven’t been? Zoolights is an outdoor light show featuring
- 600,000-plus sparkling, energy-efficient LED lights
- 168 independent figurines
- 21 scenes containing an additional 118 figurines
- 6,790 lights in the new Walrus Family of three
- 10,296 lights in the Sea Life scene, newly moved to a new spot where it forms a backdrop for those frisky walruses. The Sea Life Scene stands 14-feet-high-by-30-feet-wide and includes a seahorse, jelly fish, two large swimming sting rays and two corals
- A 23-foot-high replica of Mount Rainier, complete with glistening glaciers
- 4,396 sparkling LEDs on an 8.5-foot-tall-by-22-foot-wide orange-and-white rock crab, complete with moving pincers
- 30,030-plus lights on the iconic green-and-purple Flame Tree (My favorite)!
And, of course, because you’re at the zoo, nighttime visitors can also see some animals: Sharks and other sea creatures in the two aquariums (a great place to warm up) and meerkats and other small animals at the kids’ zone (feed the goats)! You may also want to bring a little extra jingle to ride a camel (!) get some hot chocolate, and take a ride on the gorgeous carousel.
Tickets are 10.00 each for non-members if you buy at the gate, but the Best way for people to get tickets is online at www.pdza.org/zoolights or at the Customer Service counters of local Fred Meyer stores. Advance tickets are 8.50, so you’ll skip the line and save a few bucks, too! We also have a quick contest if you’d like to try and win some!
Ready to enter? Here goes!
- For a first, required entry, tell us why you’d like to go. If you’ve been before, we’d love to hear a favorite Zoolights memory.
- For a second, optional entry, tell a friend about Zoolights! You could share this post on fb, or feel free to Tweet your peeps, email your PTA pals, or whatever works! Leave us a comment and tell us what you did.
- For a third, optional entry sign up for our weekly emails. They come out on Thursday and are a sneak peek of the weekend events guide just for subscribers. Leave a comment and let us know you’ve signed up for it or already subscribe. Note that we will confirm this to keep things fair.
And, that’s it….All entries should be left as separate comments to improve your odds. Only comments are valid as entries. I will choose winners Friday evening, and I will do my best to get you your prize Saturday. Be aware, however, that this is dependent on zoo staff getting back to me, so winners may have to wait until after Christmas, as I’m not going to be online Christmas Eve or Christmas Day…thanks for undertanding about that! And good luck!
Disclosure/Legal: We were provided tickets for this giveaway. Facebook is not affiliated with this giveaway. Sounds Fun Mom LLC has no other affiliation with this event or venue. By entering you affirm that you are eligible and assume all responsibility for your light-going experience!