I’ve had a great time talking to MOPs moms lately. A big shout-out and thanks to the moms from Kent MOPs at Faith Church and the Tacoma MOPs group at Our Savior. I had a great time talking with you and seeing your adorable babies. I have links below to most everything we talked about! If you’re one of our regular readers, I think you’ll enjoy them, too!
- We’ll have info. on library summer reading programs up soon.
- You can use these links to sign up for KidsBowlFree and KidsSkateFree. Here is the list of 1.00 movies from Cinemark. and Regal Cinemas.
- We’ll have our list of summer concerts and movies for kids up soon. Here is the list for Auburn, and here is the list for Kent. We’ll put these in our calendar, which you can find under, “Coming Events,” in the menu bar.
- Here is a post I did on great hikes with kids near Mt.Rainier.
- Here is one on Franklin Falls, which is a great option off I-90.
- We have a post coming soon on the Lake Wilderness Arboretum.
- If you go here you can see all the trails and parks in Kent, and here are all the trails and parks in Auburn.
- One I forgot to mention is the Soos Creek Trail-a great option with strollers!
- Here is a post on swimming lakes, which includes options in Kent and Maple Valley.
- Here is my post on low tide exploration.
- Here is my post on sandy beaches. We think you should take the kids to Dash Point at least once this summer!
- Here is a post on, “Passport stamping,” at national parks.
- We have a list of every area gym with open play for toddlers and preschoolers in the menu bar under, “Rainy Day Play.”
- Here is our review of the new one in Maple Valley
- Here is our post on how to go to museums for free with library passes. There is a list of free days at the bottom of it.
- Here is how to get free admission to the Museum of Flight through their connections program.
- Here is our list of every sprayground, splash pad, fountain, and outdoor pool in the South Sound. Note that many are not on/open yet.
- and for my Puyallup area moms, here’s that post on free blueberry picking at Charlotte’s Blueberry Park in Tacoma, and here’s that post on the new sprayground on Ruston Way.
Phew! That’s a lot of fun! Anything I’m forgetting? If there is, just give me a shout out, and I’ll help you find it.
PS If you’re putting together handouts for school or homeschool groups, you’re welcome to use any ideas from the site, but please credit us so more moms and dads can find SFM! If you’re putting together resources for a website, we would love for you to Link to us!
If you’re new to the site, I do hope you’ll be back. We’ll have ALL our great summer content up in one guide soon, AND every Friday, all year round, we have a big list of weekend events. It’s the best way to find out about all kinds of summer festivals and fun you won’t want to miss! I’d love to have you keep up with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. You can also subscribe to our daily emails!