Are you ever jealous of all the fun your kids have when you visit the Hands-On Children’s Museum in Olympia? Maybe just a little?
If you’d like to have some grown-up fun, you’ll want to learn about the, “Adult Swim,” programs offered by the HOCM. These are fun. themed nights just for grown-ups. They’re great for a different date night, or super fun for a girl’s night out.
The next Adult Swim is on February 12th, and it features a ,”Love and Magnets,” theme. We’ve got more about the activities below. It sounds a lot more fun than another night in watching Flea Market Flip (Just us?).
Can’t quite wrap your head around a grown-up event at a children’s museum? Here are some rave reviews from previous events!
“The best part is the fact that I can crawl around like a kid again.”
Here are some of the activities planned for the Love and Magnets event
- Live jams by local funk rock band DBST
- Make animal-inspired Valentines
- Pose in our photo booth with some of the world’s most notable romantics
- Learn the perceived effects and real science behind aphrodisiacs
- Test your health knowledge and win prizes in a fun game of Jeopardy! with the Department of Health
- See liquid magnets in action
- Meet the team behind Siren, Seattle’s newest dating app
- Get stuck to a velcro wall
- Learn about mating rituals of different animals
- Dissect flowers to get views of the plant usually reserved for the birds and the bees
- Learn why love stinks and how pheromones give us clues to genetic compatibility
- Make a personal magnet with Shipwreck Beads
- Watch magnetic and electromagnetic demonstrations with activities from OlyMega
You can get tickets here. You’ll save 5.00 by purchasing them in advance.
You also have a chance to win a pair of tickets here. We have two pairs to give away to two lucky readers! Each winner will be able to take a date or a pal, but leave the kiddos at home, just this once!
Ready to win?
- For a first, required entry, check out this program at the HOCM website, and simply leave a comment telling us why you’d like to win!
- For a second, optional entry, share this contest and come back and leave a separate comment telling us what you did. Feel free to tell your fb pals, the gang at the bus stop, or whatever. Or, hey-strategy alert: Figure out who you’d take and have him/her enter and promise to take you!
- For a third, optional entry, leave a note and let us know you’d like to start receiving our new weekly newsletter. We haven’t launched these yet, but they’ll be different than our daily emails. They’ll come out just once a week, and they’ll have some exclusive content and a sneak peek at coming events!
- All entries must be left as comments on this post. Leave them as separate comments to improve your odds. If you’ve never commented before, yours will go to my moderation queue, but I promise I’ll get to it.
We’ll choose a winner Sunday evening, and I’ll need to hear back within 24 hours. Please make sure to use an email you check! Winners will be notified via email-no need to keep checking the post, though we do try to update it when we have a winner. Good Luck!
Legal stuff/Disclosure: The HOCM provided the passes for this event and media recognition to the site. I was not otherwise compensated. By entering you affirm you are eligible and assume all responsibility for your experience. Sounds Fun Mom LLC has no other relationship with this event or venue. I kind of hate Valentine’s Day, but I would totally go to this. I think that covers it…….