SFM Update for 2016: The November deal later mentioned has passed, but the Zoo still does events, plus Santa is visiting the Zoo with his Reindeer on December 18th from 4:30PM-6:30PM.
Could you use a new way to spend a rainy day? How about an indoor petting zoo?
Yep, Jozee Rooz Indoor Petting Zoo is your new fun solution if you’re looking for indoor fun for your kids in Tacoma, Lakewood, or Puyallup. It’s worth a drive if you live elsewhere and have an animal lover in your house!
Don and Debbie, who used to run City Goat Farm And Zoo, are the animal lovers behind this unique destination where lids can meet and pet yaks, goats, rabbits, wallabies, and more cute critters!
I visited with my younger son when they first opened, and he had an absolute ball making friends with each and every one of the critters. Because it’s indoors, you don’t have to worry about the rain or mud or puddles, so this can be a year round destination for fun. I just know your little animal lovers are going to want to go every day!
Don and Debbie also plan on having two of their staff members on hand at all times, including one dedicated to keeping the animal area clean. I don’t have to spell that out for you, do I?
There is also an area for parties, and right now if you book a party for November, you’ll get 15 free pony rides! If you have someone wanting a pony, cowboy, or animal themed birthday, this is your answer! Yes, they can make, “Unicorns,” happen! Plus, it’s very reasonably priced. It would also be great fun for your preschool/home school groups, or just a playdate that’s a little different than the ordinary. And I’m sure I don’t have to tell you how cute your pictures will be! Oh, and PS If you’re in charge of a Christmas production somewhere, they do have camels that can come to you, but you need to get. on. that.
Know Before You Go:
- Admission is 10.00 per child, and each child gets one half off grown-up. Once you pay, you can stay as long as you wish! If your kiddo would just give each animal friend a pat and be done, well….this may not be the thing for you. But, If you have a child who loves animals and who would happily play and brush and pet for an afternoon, it’s a GREAT deal!
- They’re currently open Friday-Sundays from 11AM-6PM and Monday from 11AM-5PM. You can see the schedule and pricing here. Or below.
- The place is VERY clean, but your child will be petting and interacting with animals. If that would distress you, this is probably not the outing for you!
- If you’re interested in a party or a field trip, those are already getting booked, so get in touch as soon as you can!
- As you can see from the photos, there is plenty of room for the animal friends, but not a ton for people (It’s actually really similar in size to the petting area at the Puyallup Fair), so you may find yourself making new friends, though we’ve heard from several readers who were delighted to have the place to themselves.
- Don and Debbies’s outdoor facility, City Goat, is currently closed, but they do hope to eventually reopen. I can tell you Don and Debbie truly put their heart and soul into caring for these creatures!
ZOO HOURS: Fri – Sun 11am-6pm, Mon 11AM-5PM
ADMISSION: $10 per person…plus every paying child receives 1 half off adult.
Under 12 months free.
$2.00 off regular & discounted admissions for Military with ID & Seniors over 65
HOPPY HOUR: $2.00 off regular admission weekdays 3-6pm
PONY RIDES: $8.00 per ride
Their address is 120 138th St S Suite C. It’s super easy to find, right off the main road like you’re headed towards Sprinker.
They do also have a Facebook page that they’re keeping regularly updated, and it is full of some seriously cute critters! Here is their website for more detail.
And here is a link to follow their Facebook page!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. Sounds Fun Mom LLC assumes no responsibility for your petting zoo experience, but we’d love to hear about it. We’d also love for you to tell our friends at Jozee Rooz that you saw them on Sounds Fun Mom. Thanks for doing that!