Update-The contest is over and our winners have been notified. Thanks to everyone who entered. Keep reading for scoop on the sale, and remember to show the coupon this post on your phone for free entry!
Start your engines, bargain hunters!
The huge, Just Between Friends sale at the Puyallup fairgrounds is coming right up, and we’ve got the scoop on what’s new, plus tips for first time shoppers, and a contest that could get you in first!
If you’re a bargain hunting parent in Tacoma, Puyallup, or anywhere close, you won’t want to miss this chance to save on everything you could possibly need for babies to big kids at this huge kids’ consignment sale at the fairgrounds in Puyallup. Allison, the organizer, says you’ll find gently used merch from more than 800 families this time! As always, it’s all neat, clean, and organized, and it’s a great way to save big without the hassle of a garage sale or thrift store. JBF merch is also thoroughly inspected and checked for recalls.
I’ve personally found great buys at every event, and I know tons of you have been counting down for this one, too. I have a few tips below for newbies (I’d love for you to share yours, too), and do read to the bottom for a giveaway!!
- Do remember to bring your own baskets or reusable bags to haul your loot.
- Be prepared for Very Long checkout lines. Bring a book or play some Candy Crush. New-Allison sent over the chart below to help you plan. As you can see, even Thursday and Friday have some less busy times!
- Leave the kiddos at home. Really-you’ll be overwhelmed trying to shop with them.
- Don’t forget to check toys and equipment in addition to the clothing, and be prepared to explore! This is one of the biggest JBF events in the country!
- Do say, “Hi,” to the community vendors. It’s nice to support local, small businesses! Tell them you know a website where they should advertise…..
- Set your priorities. Personally, I try to go through the boys’ things before I go so I know what they need and what they really Don’t. I do allow myself a few surprises, but I stick to my budget. If you have a hard time with that one, think about bringing cash.
The public sale runs 12-8 Thursday (You can pay 6.00 to shop early Thursday morning), 11-7 Friday, 9-5 Saturday, and 8-2 Sunday (most remaining items are half-off on Sunday).
There is also always free early entry for members of the military, first time parents, and foster and adoptive parents, but you do have to register.
There are free admission coupons to the public sale all around town, or you can get in free when you show the coupon in this post on your phone! That’s easy, right?
Oh, and I also have a little giveaway for you!
Yep, organizer and consigning guru, Allison, has very generously donated three pairs of passes to the prime time shopping event on Wednesday from 7-9PM. This is Before the public sale starts. Woot!
These are worth 15.00 a piece, and they are sold out! If you win, you’ll be able to get first crack at the goodies AND you can bring a friend. Ready to enter?
All entries must be left as comments on this post. Each entry should be left as a separate comment to improve your odds.
- For a first, required entry, tell us why you want to shop this sale, or leave us your best tip!
- For a second, optional entry, share this sale, and come back and leave a comment telling us what you did! A Facebook share is easy, but feel free to tell your mom’s group, send an email blast to your PTA peeps, Tweet it, whatever…..
- For a third, optional entry, “Like,” the Just Between Friends Tacoma page on Facebook and come back and tell us you did so. (Will be verified)
- For a fourth, optional entry, sign up to get email reminders about JBF events and come back and tell us you did so. (Will be verified).
If you’ve never commented before, yours will go to my moderation queue, and you won’t see it until I approve it. I promise it will be there!
I will choose winners Monday morning, and you’ll have 24 hours to confirm your prize! PLEASE leave an email you check (don’t forget the spam folder)! I will try to update this post with the winners’ names, but if you’ve won, you’ll find the announcement in your email-you don’t have to keep checking this post.
Good Luck! I can’t wait to see pics of what you all find!
Disclosure: Sounds Fun Mom receives promotional consideration in exchange for this post, and I have been provided with a gift certificate to the sale. As always, the opinions are my own, and I would LOVE for you to let Allison and her team know you saw them on Sounds Fun Mom! Thanks for doing that!