If you’re looking for a fun summer playdate, the playground at the Center at Norpoint is a great choice!
It’s got bright, fun structures for big and little kids, a sprayground, swings for bigs and little and…..
Zip Line, baby!
Yep, it’s a way fun playground, and one that is especially good if you have a mix of ages. Do note that this spinning ring thing can get a little crazy-which means it’s the one thing all the kids want to do.
It’s most convenient for readers in Northeast Tacoma and Federal Way, but those of you in places like Milton, Fife, and Edgewood might consider it, too.
I got there in 12 minutes flat from the Fife Pool.
- A few things to know: It wasn’t crowded at all on our recent visits, but it does get busier on sunny weekends, especially mid day during the summer when day camp kids have their recess time. Even with those kiddos, I found it less crowded than the othe parks with spraygrounds in Tacoma.
- It is open, which may be an issue if you have a, “Runner,” however there are good sight lines. None of the equipment is tall enough that you’ll lose track of your kids in it.
- The sprayground is Right Next To the playground. I would bring a change of clothes even if your kids swear up and down that they don’t want to get wet.
- On hot days, it’s a good idea to bring a tent or something for shade, as it’s quite open.
- There is a nice bathroom right next to the playground and sprayground.
- The playground and sprayground are public, Metro Parks Tacoma facilities, and free to all. Parking is in front, and the playground and sprayground are behind the building. You can also take advantage of the facilities at the Center at Norpoint, which include a pool and a climbing wall, but there are fees associated with their use. Henry did a Lego Camp here one summer from some of our Bricks 4 Kidz friends, and had a great time, as always.