Many areas now have a Farmer’s Market open on Sundays. Get your fresh on!
Maple Valley Days -last day!
Putt Around Sumner Do a little mini golf style putting at themed holes right around downtown summer! Free to participate; donations welcome. Finishers entered for a chance to win prizes, including US Open tickets! 11AM-3PM
Open Trails at the Morse Wildlife preserve in Graham The preserve is open for visitors the 2nd Sunday of every month. This is a quiet, shorter outing, but children will enjoy the boardwalk and the bird watching tower.
Flag Day ceremony at Chambers Bay and a chance to see the US Open Championship trophy. Pierce County Communications guy and cool reader, Hunter, sent in some more scoop on this
- U.S. Open Kickoff Celebration at Chambers Bay
- U.S. Open Championship week will begin with a series of special events on the grounds of Chambers Bay on Sunday, June 14. The family-friendly activities, which are free and open to the public, will focus on youngsters and a celebration of the region’s military community. In honor of national Flag Day, the I Corps Army Band and a color guard from nearby Joint Base Lewis-McChord will participate in a 1:30 p.m. PDT flag-raising ceremony, led by Major General Kenneth Dahl and USGA President Thomas J. O’Toole Jr.
- Note from SFM-It sounds like pre-registration was required for the junior cllinic, so I would not plan on being able to do this, though, who knows-you may still be able to get in on some of it? Spectators under the age of 18 are welcome to attend a junior clinic at 2:15 p.m. PDT at Chambers Bay’s practice facility. A variety of fun and engaging activities, presented in collaboration with the First Green, The First Tee, LPGA-USGA Girls Golf, and the Drive, Chip & Putt Championship, will take place after the clinic.
- Participants will also have the opportunity to have their photo taken with the U.S. Open Trophy, as well as visit the official U.S. Open Main Merchandise Pavilion.
- Sunday will also represent the last opportunity for non-U.S. Open ticket holders to purchase merchandise at the Main Merchandise Pavilion, open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The merchandise pavilion will be open to the public for pre-championship shopping from Thursday, June 11 through Sunday, June 14 (10 a.m. to 6 p.m. PDT daily).
- Attendees are asked to follow signs to pre-championship parking, which will be located in the New Tacoma Lot in close proximity to the course. A complimentary shuttle will be provided.
Join naturalists from Harbor Wild Watch at the Purdy spit to look for creatures revealed by low tide; you can also visit Harbor Wild Watch and their touch tanks at the Skansie Visitor Center in downtown Gig Harbor regularly
Historic Fort Steilacoom is now open for Sunday tours Be mindful of increased traffic for the US Open in the coming weeks. Actually, This might be the day to do this!
Visit the South Sound Estuarium open 11-4 weekends
As always, if you know something we missed or you’d like publicity or advertising for your group, get in touch! You can email me at email@example.com or use one of the icons up top to find us on your favorite social media.
Oh, and do make sure you’ve entered our latest giveaway. We have FIVE prizes. So fun!