Did you know communities around the South Sound host big name kids’ entertainers all summer long For FREE? It’s true! I’ll have these in your calendar, but I know some of you like to plan ahead, so grab your calendar, call some pals, and make plans for a picnic play date with a free show!
Virtually every city hosts free concerts during the summer months. We’ve highlighted the concerts geared specifically towards kids and families. If you’re a music lover, check out the sites linked below for more offerings.
The complete list continues by city below
On Tuesdays at noon, there will be Kids’ Concerts at Kent Station. There is a water feature here, so you may want to bring the kiddos in their swim suits!
Republic Services Wednesday Performances
12 noon – 1:00pm, Town Square Plaza, 2nd & Harrison
- July 8th, Roberto the Magnificent: Magician, stunt guy-juggling, unicycle riding, and lots of fun. My kids love him.
- July 15th, Big Bang Boom: Three piece band performs high energy mix of songs from hip hop to county; lots of audience participation
- July 22nd, Secret Agent 23 Skidoo: “Family hip-hop with a solid gold soul”
- July 29th, Tickle Tune Typhoon: Dancing vegetables and silly songs with positive messages
- August 5th, The Not-Its! Popular, “Kindie rock,” group
- August 12th Recess Monkey Teachers turned rockers perform kid friendly music with clever lyrics parents love too.
Noon concerts at Les Gove park every Wednesday beginning July 8th Les Gove is home to the excellent Discovery Playground and the Rotary Sprayground. Art activities also offered. Bring your swimsuit and a picnic and have a full day of fun. Yes, you should expect a crowd.
- Wednesday, July 8 – Brian Vogan & His Good Buddies
- Wednesday, July 15 – Louie Foxx’s One Man Side Show Magician and funny guy. My kids have enjoyed him.
- Wednesday, July 22 – Recess Monkey Popular kindie rock group performs pop rock style hits great for kids and grown ups!
- Wednesday, July 29 – Reptile Isle Reptiles!
- Wednesday, August 5 – The Harmonica Pocket Catchy songs with positive messages. Nice for younger kids.
- Wednesday, August 12 – Charlie Williams! Noiseguy Human sound effects machine. Super fun for kids
Monday evening shows at 6:30
All still TBA as of this writing. Check back!
Puyallup (pdf file)
Noon Tunes at Pioneer Park: Tuesdays at noon The new sprayground is open. You’ll want to bring a change of clothes. The playground here is also fun; note that there is hardly any shade, so be prepared to be warm on a sunny day.
- July 14th Tim Noah Family friendly songs and more
- July 21st Reptile Isle
- July 28th Tweenland Popular music and dance
- August 4th The Rowdy Refs Fast Paced Game Show
- August 11th Trevor and Lorena Award winning magic show
- August 18th Recess Monkey
Wednesday shows at Bradley Lake 12-1
- July 29th Eric Haines Globetrotting juggling show
- August 12th Reptile Isle
There are quite a few other concerts scheduled that should be family friendly. I’ve listed those of specific interest to kids.
Friday, July 24th 7-8:30PM Recess Monkey at Meridian Habitat Park, hosted by Pierce County Parks and Rec
Lacey-7 week children’s entertainment series Tuesdays at 6:30 in Huntamer Park, beginning June 23rd.
- June 23rd Marvelous Moo Moo Sisters Interactive story and music
- June 30th Knights of Veritas Travel back in time (Sword fighting and medieval stuff-my kids have enjoyed them at the library before)
- July 7th Brian Waite Band Kids rock and roll
- July 14th Roberto the Magnificent Comedy stunt show-expect juggling chainsaws, unicycle riding, and more. My kids have loved him.
- July 21st Jeff Evans The magical Adventures of Super Reader He’s a magician; my kids have enjoyed him
- July 28th Ronal McDonald Silly clown show with a message
- August 4th Eric Ode High Energy Music Concert
There are also all kinds of children’s acts and performers coming to a library near you!
Wondering about free outdoor movies in the parks? We’ll have a round up of those in a separate post! Phew!
For lots more fun, check “Summer,” in the menu bar!