Update: The contest is now over. Congratulations to our two winners, Marissa and Mari-Beth, whose comments were chose at random. If you didn’t win, I think you’ll still find plenty of bargains! Do read on for all the details on this sale, and remember you can show this post for FREE entry! If you’ve never shopped this one before, you’ll find some great tips from readers in the comments.
Oh, and while you’re here….we’re running our biggest contest EVER, and so far it has SUPER low entries. What gives?
Head here and find out how you can win free chicken for a year! Our blog will have two winners, so seriously-go enter now!
Start your engines, bargain hunters!
The huge, Just Between Friends sale at the Puyallup fairgrounds is this weekend.
If you’re a bargain hunting parent in Tacoma, Puyallup, or anywhere close, you won’t want to miss this chance to save on everything you could possibly need for babies to big kids. I took these pics at the last event, but really, they don’t even come close to capturing it all.
Never been? Just Between Friends is a consignment event where you’ll find gently used equipment, clothing, and more. It’s all neat, clean, and organized, and it’s a great way to save big without the hassle of a garage sale or thrift store. JBF merch is also thoroughly inspected and checked for recalls.
I’ve personally found great buys at every event, and I know tons of you have been counting down for this one, too. I have a few tips below for newbies (I’d love for you to share yours, too), and do read to the bottom for a giveaway!!
- Do remember to bring your own baskets or reusable bags to haul your loot.
- Be prepared for Very Long checkout lines. Bring a book. Note from SFM: I’ve had no wait at all when I’ve gone on Saturdays late in the day, and Allison tells me even Friday is a good day, if you go later. But, if you want to go early to have your pick of the merch, just be prepared to play a little Candy Crush-or, hey, ask the gal behind you if she reads Sounds Fun Mom and make a new friend!
- Leave the kiddos at home. Really-you’ll be overwhelmed trying to shop with them.
- Don’t forget to check toys and equipment in addition to the clothing, and be prepared to explore! This is one of the biggest JBF events in the country!
- Do say, “Hi,” to the community vendors. It’s nice to support local, small businesses!
The public sale runs 12-8 Thursday, 11-7 Friday, 9-5 Saturday, and 8-2 Sunday (most remaining items are half-off on Sunday). You can also see the complete hours and schedule here.
There are free admission coupons all around town, or you can get in free when you show the coupon in this post on your phone!
Oh, and I also have a little giveaway for you!
Yep, organizer and consigning guru, Allison, has very generously donated two 20.00 gift certificates for Sounds Fun Mom readers. 20.00 can go a long way when you’re consignment shopping!
Ready to win one? Here’s what to do:
All entries must be left as comments on this post. Each entry should be left as a separate comment to improve your odds.
- For a first, required entry, tell us why you want to shop this sale, or leave us your best tip!
- For a second, optional entry, share this sale, and come back and leave a comment telling us what you did! A Facebook share is easy, but feel free to tell your mom’s group, send an email blast to your PTA peeps, Tweet it, whatever…..
- For a third, optional entry, “Like,” the Just Between Friends Tacoma page on Facebook and come back and tell us you did so. (Will be verified)
- For a fourth, optional entry, sign up to get email reminders about JBF events and come back and tell us you did so. (Will be verified).
If you’ve never commented before, yours will go to my moderation queue, and you won’t see it until I approve it. I promise it will be there!
I will choose winners Wednesday morning, and you’ll have 24 hours to confirm your prize! PLEASE leave an email you check (don’t forget the spam folder), and make sure to come back here to see the announcement of our winners. It always bums me out when a prize winner doesn’t respond and misses out, and do note that this prize is good for this sale. If you’re going out of town, sit on your hands and enter next time, o.k.?
Good Luck! I can’t wait to see pics of what you all find!
Disclosure: Sounds Fun Mom receives promotional consideration in exchange for this post, and I have been provided with a gift certificate to the sale. As always, the opinions are my own, and I would LOVE for you to let Allison and her team know you saw them on Sounds Fun Mom! Thanks for doing that!