Like every mom I know, I am always juggling different roles in my life-trying to be a good mom, a good wife, a good business owner, and so on.
Sometimes, I feel like I’m just flopping in every direction!
Right now, for example, my house is a mess, and I’m trying to decide if we’ve already ordered pizza one too many times this week (And, yeah, I know it’s only Wednesday…). Just keeping it real, dear readers!
If you’re taking care of children, you have to find ways to manage your stresses, whether they’re little or big ones.
Here are the 5 ways I’ve found to be a less stressed mom! I hope you find them helpful, and I’d love to hear what you do, too!
- Talk It Out! Sometimes I talk to my husband or a friend about what is stressing me out. Sometimes I just talk out loud to myself. I know that sounds odd, but hearing my current worries out loud helps me recognize whether I’m blowing things out of proportion, or maybe I truly need to just take something off my plate.
- Outsource! The BEST thing I’ve done in ages has been getting my fabulous pal, Keri, to help with this little site. If you’ve noticed the spiffier graphics around here, they’re all her doing. Maybe you can have someone help fold laundry, or get a neighborhood teenager to walk the dog or watch the kids while you prep freezer meals.
- Say, “No.” I know this is easier said than done, but if you are stressed out because you have volunteered for too many things, you need to step back. Someone WILL step up and take your place. If you’ve never actually enjoyed the school carnival because you’re always running it, I’m talking to you!
- Exercise and Sleep. I will tell you straight up that I’m being a huge hypocrite here, because while I’m pretty good at getting sleep, I do a terrible job of getting to the gym. When I do, though? I feel a million times better. As far as sleep goes, there is a reason sleep deprivation is a form of torture, people. Only getting a few hours of sleep a night does terrible things to your mental and physical health. I promise you know someone who will come hold the baby while you nap.
- Which brings us to ……get help! I am a big believe in finding a support system, whether it’s a mom’s group, a book club, your doctor, or just some trusted pals. Oh, and if you find yourself surrounded by women who seem to have figured out how to do it all perfectly? Find a new group-like STAT.
You might also want to try new RESCUE products. They’re all natural, non habit forming products that may help you deal with stress and anxiety or sleep better. They’re homeopathic products that were developed by a doctor and have been used by millions worldwide for generations.
I tried the RESCUE Pastilles, which are chewy lozenges with a black currant flavor.
I did feel like they had a calming effect, and they also got me to stop clenching and grinding my teeth, a SUPER unhealthy stress related habit of mine
RESCUE stress relief products are available now in the US at CVS, Walgreens, Whole Foods, Sprouts and wherever you find natural products! I found them at Walgreens in the Sleep Aid aisle.
As I said right above, I’m not a doctor (and you should use an actual doctor for medical advice), but if you like pursuing natural remedies, I think you’ll be interested in checking these out. There is a whole line of RESCUE products, and right now you can get a high value coupon to try them yourself, right here!
How about you? Do you have a lot of stress in your life these days? I’d LOVE to hear how you cope. If you have time to leave a comment, I know other readers would benefit from your best tips!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.