If you have a 7 year old at your house, now is the perfect time to call Dr. Ethan Larson’s office to set up a first visit with the orthodontist.
Does that surprise you?
I know I always thought of braces as a right of passage for teenagers, but 7 is actually the perfect time to get in for a free consultation with a qualified orthodontic provider.
Dr.Larson explained that at age 7 molars begin to erupt. After this initial visit, the orthodontist can monitor your child’s growth and development in order to begin treatment at the ideal time.
There are also many benefits to treating sooner rather than later-and it’s not just about a pretty smile.
Early treatment means the doctor can
- Check for functional shifts and crossbite
- Check for problems such as crowding, open bite, and jaw discrepancies
- Allow for time to create room for crowded teeth
- Help to create facial symmetry
- Reduce trauma to protruding teeth
- Check for proper eruption sequence
- Check for thumb habits and give guidance for correction
- Look for grinding or clenching of teeth
- Look for biting cheek or roof of the mouth
- Evaluate problems that may cause speech issues