Hey, Tacoma, here’s a fun and informative event you’ll want to put on your calendars. Oh, it’s FREE, too!
The South Sound Sustainability Expo will be on Saturday, March 7th this year from 10AM-3PM at the Tacoma Convention and Trade Center (Yes, I will remind you).
I know it sounds fancy, but I promise there will be lots of down to earth and good for the earth fun and information for all. I invited the organizers to send over some highlights. You’ll be able to
· Explore resources for sustainable living including local food and gardening, community building, transportation choices, energy conservation, green construction and more
· Bring goods to exchange at a free Book-Movie-Music Swap How great is that?
· Shop at a mini Farmers’ Market
· Visit the Kids’ Corner for activities including a scavenger hunt, reuse crafting, and more with the Tacoma Nature Center
· Participate in workshops, including a family friendly session called Save Our Salmon
· Bring unwanted items to be collected by Goodwill
That’s a lot of great fun and learning for FREE! I know many of you try to make choices that are good for the environment and the community already. If you’ve been looking to incorporate more earth friendly living in your daily routine, you’ll definitely want to check this event out. Do be sure to mark your calendars for March 7th, and tell a friend. You can get more information about this event here.