Update-This is an older post, so check their Facebook page for current hours and rates before you go. This spot has also now been renamed in honor of the late Debbie, who lost her long battle with cancer.
The rest of the scoop here should still be good!
Oh, Tacoma, Parkland/Spanaway, and Lakewood-Have I got news for you!
Indoor. Petting. Zoo.
I feel like I could probably just stop there, but here’s a bit more detail! And, seriously, look at this cuteness!
Yes, our friends from City Goat Farm and Zoo (that location is closed right now), are opening a new, INDOOR facility in Tacoma called Jozee Rooz Indoor Petting Zoo, where your kids can meet and pet yaks, goats, rabbits, wallabies, and more cute critters!
The boys and I went to check it out, and Henry had an absolute ball making friends with each and every one of them. Because it’s indoors, you don’t have to worry about the rain or mud or puddles, so this can be a year round destination for fun. I just know your little animal lovers are going to want to go every day!
Don and Debbie also plan on having two of their staff members on hand at all times, including one dedicated to keeping the animal area clean. I don’t have to spell that out for you, do I?
There is also an area for parties, and they have plans for pony rides and special guest visitors on future weekends.
Now, I know you’re going to want to go right now, but put down your car keys. You need to wait just a couple of days.
Know Before You Go:
Note from SFM: This information is older-so check their Facebook page for current hours and rates.
- Admission is 10.00 per child, and each child gets one free grown-up. Once you pay, you can stay as long as you wish! If you have a child who loves animals and would happily play and brush and pet for an afternoon, it’s a great deal!
- They’re currently open Thursdays-Sundays from 11AM-6PM with a discounted, “Hoppy Hour,” from 3-6. You can see the schedule and pricing here.
- The place is VERY clean, but your child will be petting and interacting with animals. If that would distress you, this is probably not the outing for you!
- If you’re interested in a party or a field trip, those are already getting booked, so get in touch as soon as you can!
- Their City Goat, outdoor facility is currently closed, but they do hope to eventually reopen. I can tell you Don and Debbie truly put their heart and soul into caring for these creatures!
As you can see from the photos, there is plenty of room for the animal friends, but not a ton for people (It’s actually really similar in size to the petting area at the Puyallup Fair).
Their address is 120 138th St S Suite C. It’s super easy to find, right off the main road like you’re headed towards Sprinker.
They do also have a Facebook page that they’re keeping regularly updated, and it is full of some seriously cute critters! Here is their website for more detail.
and here is a link to follow their Facebook page!