*Update for 2017 in process
Are you looking to give the gift of experiences this year?
It’s a great solution for kids who already have too much Stuff, and there are some wonderful Northwest Experience gifts with deals today! Many of these are still spendy, but they’re great values for places you go frequently. We also think they make great gifts from grandparents!
Memberships And Annual Passes
LOOKING FOR UNIQUE GIFTS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON?
SAVE BIG on our exclusive Cyber Monday (Nov. 27) deals.
Share the fun of animals all year long with a Zoo or Zoo/Trek Combo membership gift.
Deluxe Northwest Trek Membership: $139.95 – SAVE $30!!
Deluxe Zoo/Trek Combo Membership: $224.95 – SAVE $50!!
Plus FREE Zoolights tickets – see below for details.
DEALS EXPIRE MONDAY, NOVEMBER 27 AT 11:59PM.
Must use promo code during purchase to receive discount. COMING SOON!
Applies to new or renewal memberships.
Combo Membership – WHAT DO YOU GET?
- FREE admission to Northwest Trek AND Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium for an entire year!
- 2 named adults and all legal dependents or up to 5 grandchildren (18 years & younger).
- 3 additional guests FREE per visit.
- Discounted admission for friends.
- ZooPoints and Trek Tracks newsletters.
- Discounts for camps, gift shop and more at both parks.
PLUS TODAY ONLY:
– 4 FREE ZOOLIGHTS TICKETS ($40 VALUE)
USE CYBER MONDAY PROMO CODE: Coming Soon!
Trek Membership – WHAT DO YOU GET?
- FREE admission to Northwest Trek for an entire year!
- 2 adults and all legal dependents or up to 5 grandchildren (18 years & younger).
- Up to 3 additional guests FREE per visit.
- Discounted admission for friends.
- Trek Tracks newsletter.
- Discounts to Trek camps, gift shop and more.
PLUS TODAY ONLY:
– 2 FREE ZOOLIGHTS TICKETS ($20 VALUE)
USE CYBER MONDAY PROMO CODE: Coming soon!
Cyber Monday, Nov. 27(Online Only)Deluxe Membership includes all the Basic Membership benefits PLUS:
Museum Membership Makes the Perfect Holiday Gift!Join or renew Online Only for the Cyber Monday FLASH SALE. Questions? Call (360) 956-0818 during business hours (11am-5pm). Not valid with other offers. Offer good for renewals or new memberships. Not valid for upgrades to current term of membership – no free upgrades.
- 2 additional guests per visit
- $15 gift certificate towards a birthday party
- Discounted family admission to nearly 200 museums participating in the Association of Children’s Museums reciprocal program
#BlackFriday is here with a deal you won’t want to miss! It’s the perfect time to buy everyone’s favorite holiday gift – UNLIMITED FUN! 🎢✨🌊 Online NOW at WildWaves.com, buy 4+ Season Passes for $59.99+tax each and receive a FREE 2018 Season Parking Pass! https://goo.gl/eCB7kz
- Boom Shaka Olympia
- The Hottest BLACK FRIDAY deal alert!!!🔥🔥🔥50% OFF $20, $40, $$60 Gift Cards!!! 🤑 Come in anytime during business hours Nov. 24th-27th and give the gift of flight this holiday season‼️**OFFER ONLY VALID IN STORE** 💥 🔥🎁🚨🎅🏽👊🏾🙌🏾💰
- Pacific Science Center The Pacific Science Center is offering 10% off. This is sort of a puny discount, but it’s the best I’ve seen. This is a super cool place, and the pass will pay for itself quickly IF you’d get up to Seattle to use it.
The Great Outdoors
- Give A Discover WA Pass
You don’t have to rush on this one. You can pick up a Discover WA park pass any day, and it’s a great gift for an outdoor loving family, especially one new to the area. Passes give you admission to state parks and other state lands all year round. Without one, you’ll have to pay day use fees. A pass for the whole year is 33.00 plus a few bucks in fees, and yes, you can transfer it between two vehicles.
- A Hiking Guide
We love to give the gift of hiking and travel guides. It’s so fun to sit on a winter’s day and plan your future adventures!
Our absolute favorite is Best Hikes With Kids: Western Washington & the Cascades
And through today only, you can take 30% off any book at Amazon with code Holiday30. It’s a great deal even without the discount, because I promise you’ll use it all the time. If you want to make it a little more of a, “Gift,” you can package it with some nice hiking socks, some other guide books (Look for titles from The Mountaineers or try Craig Romano), or something like a day pack or a picnic basket. This might be a fun family gift.
- Pump it Up of Tacoma is offering 25.00 off their annual pass today, plus several party specials. If you’re planning a winter bash, it’s definitely worth checking out.
- WiggleWorks Puyallup offers gift cards and look how cute they are! Don’t forget they’ve also lowered their prices on their party packages and weekday play at their South Hill Mall location.
There are some amazing performances this time of year. You can see a whole list of them towards the bottom of our Holiday Experience Guide.
- One to consider is the Walking With Dinosaurs experience coming to the Tacoma Dome. It starts the 17th, so you’d be giving this before the big day, but it is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing (o.k…..my oldest went the last time they were here, but that was six years ago or so….)
These are spendy, but I do think it will be worth it if you have a dinosaur lover-I got a sneak peek of this show this weekend, and I will have more to tell you about it in the coming days.
If that’s too spendy, there are lots of local arts groups to consider, or the Monster Truck Show is coming to the Tacoma Dome in January.
Or, consider something as simple as a movie gift card. These are great for tweens and teens and can also make fun family gifts. If you buy enough to get everyone in, it won’t be a bargain, but I bet it will still be less than if you bought individual gifts for all the nieces and nephews.
Give the gift of lifetime learning! Most places that offer lessons for children will also be glad to offer you a gift certificate.
Our sponsors at Ted Brown Music have a cool offer-purchase any qualifying instrument and get free lessons for the month of January! I haven’t asked them, but I bet they’d also be glad to help you gift a session of Teddie Bear Music classes-the cutest mom (or dad) and me music classes around!
ifly, movie cards, Build A Bear,The Grand, Tinkertopia, Classes, camps, memberships, The Makery, Pinots Palette, glass blowing
And, at the risk of being a total cheese ball, don’t forget that the best gifts can be free and priceless! Consider giving the gift of a fishing lesson or a day of cookie making or whatever would be special for the little people in your life.
We find that all experience gifts go over better with young children if they are packaged with a small, tangible clue to the fun ahead-a stuffed animal to go with a zoo membership, or a kid’s cookbook to go with a certificate for a day of kitchen time. You get the idea!
Have you given or received a great experience gift? Please do leave a comment with your ideas. I know other readers would appreciate them. As always, if you spot another offer we should know about, please share that, too!
Disclosure: The Amazon and Goldstar links are my affiliates. Some of the companies mentioned are sponsors, but I haven’t received any extra compensation for including them.