Hi! This is the list for 2014. Go here to see the list for 2015.
The 2016 guide is coming soon! You should be able to find it in the menu bar under, “Summer!”
Did you know communities around the South Sound host big name kids’ entertainers all summer long For FREE? It’s true! I’ll have these in your calendar, but I know some of you like to plan ahead, so grab your calendar, call some pals, and make plans for a picnic play date with a free show!
Virtually every city hosts free concerts during the summer months. I’ve only listed those specifically geared towards children here. If you know one I missed, let me know!
The complete list continues by city below
Wednesday kids’ concerts at noon at the town plaza *There is a water feature here, so you may want to bring a change of clothes!
Republic Services Wednesday Performances 12 noon – 1:00pm, Town Square Plaza, 2nd & Harrison
- July 9 Tickle Tune Typhoon Dancing vegetables, larger-than-life robots and award-winning music! This Northwest favorite delivers positive messages and educational topics cleverly disguised as silly fun!
- July 16 The Magic of Trevor and Larena Walters This rollercoaster of comedy and magic is packed with cutting edge illusions, amazing sleight of hand effects and lots of audience participation
- July 23 Recess Monkey Both kids and parents love rockin’ to Recess Monkey! This trio blends various musical influences with clever and comical lyrics. There are hints of pop, folk, zany surf rock, and swamp-tinged country.
- July 30 Show Brazil! Led by well-known recording artist Eduardo Mendonça, Show Brazil! presents the exciting world of Brazilian music and dance. Get ready to dance!
- August 6 Secret Agent 23 Skidoo Family hip hop with a solid gold soul! Purveyor of ‘kid hop’ at its finest, Secret Agent 23 Skidoo captivates crowds with funky, half-pint party music that combines deft wordplay, great storytelling and pure positivity on top of thumping drums and sophisticated multi-instrumental productions. 23 Skidoo bumps up the volume and kids’ self esteem, while setting the family music bar higher than a hidden cookie jar.
- August 13 Roberto the Magnificent Roberto the Magnificent rides very tall unicycles; bounces on industrial strength pogo sticks; and juggles sharp knives, flaming torches, and spinning hand saws – all while keeping audiences in fits of giggles.
Noon concerts at Les Gove park every Wednesday beginning July 9th Les Gove is home to the excellent Discovery Playground and the Rotary Sprayground.
- July 9 – Recess Monkey
- July 16 – Eric Herman and the Thunder Puppies
- July 23 – Jeff Evan’s Magic Show
- July 30 – The Not-Its!
- August 6 – Reptile Isle
- August 13 – Eric Ode
Monday evening shows at 6:30
- July 7th Recess Monkey
- July 14th Eric Ode
- July 21st TBA
- July 28th TBA
- August 4th Secret Agent 23 Skidoo
- August 11th TBA
- August 18th Reptile Man
- August 25th Touch a Truck
- Tuesday Morning Shows at 11AM
- July 8th Son of Reptile Man
- July 15th Cowboy Buck and Elizabeth
- July 22nd TBA
- July 29th TBA
- August 5th TBA
- August 12th TBA
- August 19th Harmonica Pocket
- August 26th Touch a Truck
Puyallup (pdf file) Concerts of interest to kids
Tuesdays at 12 at Pioneer Park by the library
- July 15th Tweenland Disney hits and more
- July 22nd Reptile Isle reptile show
- July 29th Buck and Elizabeth Animated singing
- August 5th The Not Its! Kindie Rock
- August 12th Jim Valley and Rainbow Planet
- August 19th The Gothard Sisters Irish dance
Wednesday, July 23rd at Pioneer Park 5:30-7PM Bill Harley, storytelling
Wednesday, July 30th at Bradley Lake Park 12-1PM juggling show
There are other shows that are suitable for all audiences; I’ve listed those with particular kid appeal!
Friday, June 20th Recess Monkey at Charles Wright
Free and open to the public!
Last year, the STAR center hosted free concerts. I don’t see any scoop on that this year, but I’ll keep you posted. There will be many entertainers at the libraries.
Lacey-7 week children’s entertainment series
- June 24th Rick Huddle Arrr! Pirates Have Feelings Too
- July 1st Alex Zerbe Science of Physical Comedy
- July 8th Michael Shoehorn Conley Vaudeville Phenomenon/World Beat Jazz
- July 15th Jeff Evans Science Magic
- July 22nd Mikey Mike Gervais “The Rad Scientist” Chemistry in Nature Concert
- July 29th Nancy Stewart Music Sing a Song of Science
- August 5th Son of Reptile Man Reptile Show
There are also all kinds of children’s acts and performers coming to a library near you!
For lots more fun, check “Summer,” in the menu bar!