Yes, Tacoma, your spraygrounds are on!
The nice folks at Metro Parks have turned eight of them on early again to help you and the kiddos beat the heat. Hours are limited, as this is normally still test and repair season.
Here is the list of open spraygrounds and hours for May 13th-16th. All nine spraygrounds will be open this weekend with regular hours, and then open daily beginning May 27th.
These eight locations ONLY will be open Tuesday-Friday this week from 10 am-4 pm.
- Jefferson Park – 801 N. Mason Ave.
- Titlow Park – 8425 6th Ave.
- Franklin Park – 1201 S. Puget Sound
- Kandle Park – 2323 N. Shirley St.
- Verlo Playfield (Formerly known as McKinley Playfield) – 4321 McKinley Ave.
- Norpoint Park – 4818 Nassau Ave. N.E.
- Wright Park – 501 South I St.
- Wapato Hills – 6231 S. Wapato St.
I have a complete list of water features, wading pools, and spraygrounds, but most won’t open until Memorial Day weekend. Do keep Sounds Fun Mom in mind as your summer fun planning destination. You might want to become a subscriber if you haven’t already!