Happy Mother’s Day from Sounds Fun Mom.
Whether you’re mom, stepmom, grandma, or someone doing mom duties cleverly disguised as dad or auntie, I hope you have a wonderful day! If you’re looking for something to Do with mom, there is a huge list right below!
If this day is hard for you, maybe because you recently lost your mom or for whatever reason-I want you to know that we love you, too. There are lots of fun things to do in our list that aren’t “Mom-centric,” too.
It’s a Free Day at Washington State Parks-No Discover Pass required
Wooden boat festival at Percival Landing in downtown Olympia live music, wooden boats on display, kids’ activities Go early on Saturday if you want the kids to get to build a toy wooden boat-it’s while the wood lasts. Saturday 10AM-6PM Sunday 11-5 Best info. is here on a pdf
Crafts from the past at Fort Nisqually Local artisans demonstrate different crafts each weekend through September 3rd. It’s basket weaving today. Included with admission. I think demos. will probably only interest older children, but kids of most ages enjoy exploring the fort. Included with admission
Visit the new South Sound Estuarium in Olympia 10AM-3PM You may want to check on this first-I haven’t confirmed
Open Trails at the Morse Wildlife Preserve in Graham Monthly opening; short, peaceful nature hikes in a preserved meadow
Mother’s Day Events
- Go here for my list of Mother’s Day teas. Do CALL to check on space/reservations before you go.
- Mother’s Day at Xtreme Bounce of Fun at the Outlet Collection Kids can enjoy pastries and fruit while they make a craft for mom.
- Free admission for moms at the Museum of Glass Sunday There is also a, “Mom and Me,” glass fusing project where adults and kids 6 and up create their own glass artwork. It’s a little spendy, but it would be a very special keepsake.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at the Tacoma Art Museum 30.00 includes brunch and admission to the museum. Reservations required If you just want to visit the museum, moms get in free today.
- Cake decorating at Haggen Stores Kids purchase a single layer, round cake for 5.00 and get the supplies to decorate it for mom, plus a chef’s hat and an apron. My Top Foods (sort of Haggen, but under Top Branding still) also had a sign up about this. Fred Meyer has done a similar event in the past. I’ll check on that for you. Thanks reader, Joanna, for helping with this one.
- Free admission for moms to the Washington State History Museum
- Mother’s Day at Wild Waves Mom and a kiddo get in for 9.99 with a special, “Mommy and Me,” ticket-available at the gate only
- Mother’s Day at Emerald Downs Mom could win a special giveaway; children’s activities at 1PM
- Mother’s Day Weekend at Powell’s Wood Garden in Federal Way
- Mother’s Day at the Rhododendron Garden in Federal Way Enjoy music while you stroll through the rhody garden; food cart on site with treats Not a super exciting place for kids, but very pretty and reasonably priced.-general admission is 8.00; children under 12 are free.
- Mother’s Day at Lakewold Gardens in Lakewood The gardens are open for tour, with food vendors on site.
- Free admission for moms at the Harbor History Museum in Gig Harbor
- Free admission for moms and grandmas at the Hands-on Children’s Museum in Olympia Sunday, May 11th Free crafts to make for mom included with admission today and all week long. We’re proudly sponsored by the HOCM this month. Please do tell ’em I sent you, and ask about their great summer camps perfect for your clever and creative kids!
- If you want to treat mom to a traditional brunch, here is a list of favorite area restaurants generated by our fb community. Get calling fast if you want in on those, and yeah-you’re going to need your wallet!
If you’re new here, I hope you’ll stick around and explore a while. I have new content daily, a great events calendar, and my famous (Well, it should be….) weekend list every Friday morning. We have lots of ways to subscribe, but I recommend the daily emails!