Happy May Day! It’s supposed to be another crazy, gorgeous day today (Do put sunscreen on, people)!
Here’s a little round-up of other great things to do today!
- Keep cool at a sprayground in Tacoma. They’re free and open today!
- It also just so happens to be a free day at the Point Defiance Zoo for City of Tacoma residents. Bring proof of residency and photo id. There is a small splash pad in the children’s play area-I’m not sure whether it’s on yet.
- Hit the beach! Here are our favorites-Dash Point just can’t be beat, but there are other good choices.
- Have you checked our list of favorite ice cream spots lately? This is an older post, but you should still find plenty of sweet inspiration. Let me know if we’re missing your favorite!
- Make a May Day basket. It is May Day, after all! No clue what I’m talking about? Head here to learn about this sweet tradition.
- Hike the Sequalitchew Creek trail in Dupont. Hint: It ends at a beach!
- It’s the first day of shopping at the huge Just Between Friends Sale at the Puyallup fairgrounds. It opens to the public at 12. Follow the link for the rest of the scoop and a free admission pass.
- We’re supposed to be back to more normal weather this weekend, so do make sure you’ve bought your tickets to Sunday’s Star Wars party put on by the Daffodil Festival. This is going to be an amazing event for Star Wars fans of all ages, and you can’t buy tickets at the door.
- Try indoor play! I know that sounds crazy, but if it does get just too hot for your little ones, there is something fun about having an empty indoor play place to yourself! You might be interested in the Groupon to the Children’s Museum in Tacoma.
- Get Your Fresh On! It’s Opening Day at the Broadway Farmer’s Market in Tacoma-a super fun one for kids.
- Oh, and don’t forget if you’re near South King County, there is a free event at the Flight Museum this evening!
- One more bonus-my friend Heather of QueenBeeCoupons just reminded me you can get half off Frappuccinos at Starbucks from 3-5PM today. Anybody want to meet me there? 🙂