I’ve gotten several notes from readers asking for help with plans for the kids over this long President’s weekend. As always, I’ll have a complete guide up Friday morning, but for those of you needing to get a jump on it, here’s a sneak peek!
I may offer these in the future if you enjoy them. I’ve also toyed with putting the weekend list out earlier, or offering an earlier edition to newsletter subscribers (I don’t have a newsletter right now; just emails-if I start one it will be free). If you have thoughts on any of that, feel free to leave me a comment, or otherwise drop me a line.
Also, if you’re in the habit of following me on Facebook…..please consider bookmarking the site, or subscribing to my emails instead. Due to new Facebook changes, only 400 or so of the almost 5,000 of you who have liked the page are actually seeing my posts. Go here if you want to sign up for daily emails…. And now, here is a sneak peek at a few of the family activities coming this weekend!
1. Read With a Princess The Daffodil Princesses kick off the first of several events at area libraries. These are free, and the girls are glad to pose for pictures. If you’re a kindergarten teacher (or know one), you may also still be able to have a princess come to your classroom!
2. Go to Kids n Critters at Northwest Trek Up to four kids get in to Trek free with a paying adult. Adult admission is still spendy, but this makes for a full day of fun!
3. See the Free matinee at the Grand in Tacoma It’s a free monthly movie thanks to Click! It’s the Croods
4. Visit Mt.Rainier It’s a free weekend at national parks. See this post, if you’d like to try sledding or snowshoeing at Paradise.
5. Get cultured! The Asia Pacific Cultural Center hosts its annual Asian New Year Celebration on the 15th at the Tacoma Dome. Free admission with live entertainment and arts and crafts through out the day. There will also be food vendors.
Hope that helps those of you looking for a head start! Don’t forget to check back Friday morning for the complete list. Need something to do today? Click on calendar in the menu bar!