This list is updated for 2017; HOWEVER we have not verified all the houses and neighborhoods. I have indicated after or before each listing whether we have confirmed them for 2017.
In cases where we haven’t, I’d invite you to go with a spirit of adventure! And I’d LOVE for you to send an email or leave a comment if you can confirm that a spot is off or on. Also, please keep in mind that most of these are private homes, so please be kind and don’t intrude on folks’ privacy. I also want to share this fun fb page I found, PacNWChristmasLights.
It has listings all over Western Washington and even some in Oregon! It’s a super fun resource you’ll want to print out or check out if you’re visiting family around the Northwest this season.
- South King County
- Lake Wilderness Neighborhood off Witte Road in Maple Valley. Sue says the neighborhood goes all out, and they collect food donations. Not verified
- Christmas in Kent – 18531 SE 224th Street Kent, Wa 98042
Located in Kent Washington we celebrate Christmas (Christ’s Birthday) with over 99,999 lights synchronized to music. We have a viewing area and parking. We collect donations for the South Sound Dream Center. We run December 1st through December 31st. Show hours are 7pm to 9pm Sunday to Thursday and 7pm to 10pm Friday and Saturday. NO SHOW Dec. 24th. Heavy traffic between 7-8PM Verified via fb
30211 176th AVE SE. See details below from the lovely owner, or visit their fb page! Verified via fb
FREE- Drive by show debuts on Nov. 26th and runs daily, dusk till 11:30pm through Jan.1st.
Crest Air Park- 30211 176th Ave SE Covington, WA.
Follow signs off of Covington / Sawyer RD and 179th pl
- ViewPointe at Redondo in Federal Way – This neighborhood, at the cross streets of 1st Avenue S and S 300th Pl in, goes all out every year. Drive through or park your car and take a walk. The neighbors request that you bring canned food. Homes are lit from 6:00pm-10:00pm. I have not verified this for 2017, but it has been an annual event.
These listings are on the Pacific NW Christmas Lights fb page. I have not verified them personally. Let us know if you can!
- Phillips Phamily Light Show
14512 SE 278th Pl Kent, WA
- Quintero Christmas 2237 S 361st St Federal Way, WA
These listings were last verified in 2015. If you can verify they are on or off this year, let us know!
- Marine Hills Home in Federal Way – 905 S. 293rd Place
- 12 Days of Christmas – another private residence in Federal Way, located at 30640 11th Ave S. There is a 12 Days of Christmas theme that is delightful!
- Twin Lakes Home in Federal Way – The yard, home, roof, and even neighbor’s homes are decorated with lights and displays at 32540 42nd Place SW in Federal Way
- Sky Island in Bonney Lake Huge displays set to music and neighbors going all in to outdo each other! Go up 410 and turn right at the 2nd light by the Chevron and the Wendy’s. Readers recommend turning right on 181st Ave E or left on 95th and then right on 181st for the best cul de sac. Know that the area is very busy on the weekends. Not verified but I am quite sure it is going on.
- Tehaleh Several readers recommended the Tehaleh community, which holds a lights contest.
None of these have been verified for 2017. If you can confirm whether they’re on or off, leave a comment and let us know!
- Country Hollow/Siliver Creek area off 176th/Meridian/Gem Heights is really good. This one is worth driving through a couple of times throughout December! Jenna says they’ve also found some good homes off Sunrise Blvd E.
- Crystal Ridge off Shaw Road recommended by Liz and several others There is a particularly impressive display in the first neighborhood to your left, a few houses in. It’s a massive collection set to music. You can find it by following the crowd!
- Puyallup Christmas Lights 12301 133rd Ave E Puyallup, WA
- 145th St E and127th Ave E, right by Hunt Elementary on S. Hill
Neither of these has been verified for 2017, although we’re working on it. Let us know if you can confirm whether they’re on or off!
- Nunnally Reader Stefanie says that her brother in law’s home on Nunnally is covered with lights! They even have their own radio station timed to music.
- Hidden Lakes Reader Heather recommends Cardinal Street in the Hidden Lakes neighborhood.
These are current suggestions via some of the awesome mommas on the Village253 page!
These suggestions were from 2015 and have not been verified since. If you can confirm they are on or off, let us know!
- Pacific Avenue – Argent suggests a house on 48th a few blocks off Pacific Ave towards the mall, and adds that there are several good efforts on 54th right off Pacific Avenue. Reader Marian also suggests E 48th.
- Lights synced to music at 616 S 78th St
- Wildwood Estates – The SFM crew drives through Wildwood Estates off 40th. It’s more a quantity than a quality issue-nothing massive but nearly every house has something. If you know of others, let us know! We always do this on our way back from Christmas Eve church. We would love to have other contributions for this area-send ’em in or leave a comment!
Readers say there is a house with a great light display synced up to music. We’re not sure about the street-Kim thinks it might be Griggs or Evans Ct……Sounds like you can’t miss it. Not verified.
- Reader Tami and several others recommend the Ken Lakes neighborhood; go South on Black Lake Blvd. off 101
- Oly Lightstravaganza
This private home goes all out and invites you! Amazing folks! Verified for 2017.
These Olympia area spots are all from the Pacific NW Christmas Lights page. I haven’t verified any of them. Let us know if you can!
- Christmas Comics 1630 26th Ave NE
- Christmas Island Maytown 920 Tierney St S
- Cook Family House 6708 Prairie Ridge Dr NE
- The Cottage Treehouse 3747 107th Ave SW
- Christmas Tradition 5410 66th Ave NW
- Cedrona Neighborhood Kaiser Rd NW & Cedrona Dr NW
Professional Lights Displays
You can, of course, do the professional lights at Ivars Clam Lights in Renton (This one is FREE), Zoolights at the Point Defiance Zoo, Holiday Lights at Wild Waves in Federal Way, or Fantasy Lights around Lake Spanaway. While it’s out out of my territory, several readers wrote in to recommend the trek to Snowflake Lane in Bellevue.
If you know of other great neighborhood light displays, please do leave a comment! Thanks to everyone for your help with this post.
Blue house photo courtesy and property of CoreyAnn of AdventureBee