This list is updated for 2020 (sort of); as we have not verified all the houses and neighborhoods.
I have indicated after or before each listing whether we have confirmed them. There are also links to other sites with detailed neighborhood maps at the bottom of this post.
In cases where we haven’t verified lights for this year, I’d invite you to go with a spirit of adventure! And I’d LOVE for you to send an email or leave a comment if you can confirm that a spot is off or on. Also, please keep in mind that most of these are private homes, so please be kind and don’t intrude on folks’ privacy.
- South King County
- Lake Wilderness Neighborhood off Witte Road in Maple Valley. Sue says the neighborhood goes all out, and they collect food donations. Not verified by SFM.
- Very Merry Christmas House in Kent/Covington Verified via fb
- ViewPointe at Redondo in Federal Way – This neighborhood, at the cross streets of 1st Avenue S and S 300th Pl in, goes all out every year. Drive through or park your car and take a walk. The neighbors request that you bring canned food. Homes are lit from 6:00pm-10:00pm. I have not verified this for 2020, but it has been an annual event. If you find out whether they are off or on, I’d love an update!
- Here is a map put together by the City of Auburn for 2020. All included sites were submitted residents this year!
- Sky Island in Bonney Lake Huge displays set to music and neighbors going all in to outdo each other! Go up 410 and turn right at the 2nd light by the Chevron and the Wendy’s. Readers recommend turning right on 181st Ave E or left on 95th and then right on 181st for the best cul de sac. Know that the area is very busy on the weekends. I am considering this verified based on many, many posts on Fb, but I haven’t been personally this year yet.
- Tehaleh Several readers recommended the Tehaleh community. I haven’t checked it out personally. Let me know if you do.
None of these have been verified for 2020. If you can confirm whether they’re on or off, leave a comment and let us know!
- Country Hollow/Siliver Creek area off 176th/Meridian/Gem Heights is really good. This one is worth driving through a couple of times throughout December! Jenna says they’ve also found some good homes off Sunrise Blvd E.
- Crystal Ridge off Shaw Road recommended by Liz and several others There is a particularly impressive display in the first neighborhood to your left, a few houses in. It’s a massive collection set to music. You can find it by following the crowd!
- Nunnally Reader Stefanie says that her brother in law’s home on Nunnally is covered with lights! They even have their own radio station timed to music.Corner of Nunnally and Anderson in the Village Green neighborhood. Runs nightly 5-10 and 5-11 on the weekends Verified!
- Hidden Lakes Reader Heather recommends Cardinal Street in the Hidden Lakes neighborhood. Not Verified for 2020 yet.
- Fircrest is working on putting out a lights map. Until then, a drive around Fircrest is a fun idea. We hear lots of houses have put on a great effort this year.
- N. Cheyenne has been reader recommended. I haven’t verified.
- The Fawcett neighborhood is typically reader recommended. I haven’t verified it.
- Tacoma Light Show Network (the folks who brought you the candy chutes at Halloween) has a great effort going.
- 253 Books has pics. of some great light displays with addresses.
- Wildwood Estates – The SFM crew drives through Wildwood Estates off 40th. It’s more a quantity than a quality issue-nothing massive but nearly every house has something. If you know of others, let us know! We would love to have other contributions for this area-send ’em in or leave a comment!
- Reader Tami and several others recommend the Ken Lakes neighborhood; go South on Black Lake Blvd. off 101
- Oly Lightstravaganza-wonderful event!
For more neighborhood listings and a Google Map, try PacNWChristmasLights.
Professional Lights Displays
Zoolights! Open this year, but you need timed entry tickets purchased in advance.
There is a new event at the fairgrounds in Puyallup. This one sold out almost immediately, but they have released a few more tickets, so like their social channels and subscribe to their emails, and you might get lucky. Here is the official fb page.
If you know of other great neighborhood light displays, please do leave a comment! Thanks to everyone for your help with this post.
Blue house photo courtesy and property of CoreyAnn of AdventureBee