Fantasy Lights Walk 2019
Have you heard about the big changes to this year’s Fantasy Lights Walk?
This is normally a drive thru light show, but there are (NEW!!) two special nights when you can walk through the lights.
This year’s walk dates are November 23rd and 24th with two different time slots on each date.
One other big change in addition to the added date is that all tickets are now sold online.
You won’t be able to buy them at the event, so plan ahead! You can also reserve a parking spot for 5.00.
Here’s more on that straight from Pierce County Parks:
Tickets will not be sold at the park. Session times may fill quickly.
Each person attending needs a ticket (except ages 3 and under). Please purchase your tickets in advance, as entry is guaranteed only with a pre-paid ticket.
- $4/person – ONLINE purchases only through Brown Paper Tickets starting September 1, 2019.
- Children ages 3 and under are free
Purchase your advanced tickets and/or parking by selecting one of these dates!
Saturday, November 23
Sunday, November 24
|Buy tickets for Saturday 4:30 PM
||Buy tickets for Sunday- 4:30 PM
Tickets are limited to 2,500 walkers each session to provide a safe and enjoyable time for all. After purchasing tickets online, you will receive a confirmation email with a barcode in the email. We will scan the code when you arrive and send you into the park!
Here’s more about the walk itself!
Start / Finish
Start and finish the 2.5 miles at Spanaway Park. You can arrive anytime within the purchased walk time period. We will not guarantee your admission if you arrive outside of your purchased time slot.
14905 Bresemann Blvd. South
Spanaway, WA 98387 (map)
- Walk only with strollers, wagons or wheelchairs
- No scooters, in-line skates, skateboards or bikes
- Please no dogs, except service dogs who are trained to service your disability while in attendance. We also request that service dogs be clearly marked for this event due to the large crowds and to prevent confusion by other walkers and volunteer staff.
- Bring a flashlight and wear visible clothing
- The event goes on rain or shine, dress for the weather
- No refunds due to inclement weather
- Bring your camera for a memorable holiday picture
- No vendors are allowed without written approval from the Pierce County Parks and Recreation Department
- Eats will be available in the vendor village
Keep In Mind
The main thing to keep in mind with this event is the distance and the weather. Readers have really enjoyed doing it with wagons and hand warmers and maybe a Thermos of hot chocolate. If your littles tend to get weepy on the half block walk to school this time of year, this may not be the thing for you…..
If you’d like to wait until the drive thru time, that starts November 28th and runs through January 1st. More info. about that event is here!
Photo from Flickr used under a Creative Commons license