As promised, here’s a quick special edition just for my Tacoma readers.
I have a Great post on kids’ theater for everyone, in just a jiffy.
What to do in Tacoma today?
- Go to the Job Carr Museum in Old Town. It’s open at 1:00 today; it’s free, and while you’re there you can pick up a passport and start on your way to winning 159.00. You can read more about that here.
- Get a pass from your library and go to the Washington State History Museum or the Tacoma Art Museum for free. You can read more about museum passes here.
- You don’t feel like trekking all over town now that your kids are supposed to be in school? Message received. Try my alphabet safari project. Pick something harder for big kids. You only have to walk around your block.
- That wasn’t long enough? Print out the photos from above and let the kids scrapbook them.
- How about some ‘puter time? Check my list of great kids’ websites, or check out this list of great places for printables my friend Angela at The Coupon Project put together. I used to love paper dolls. One of the only things that makes me sad about having boys is that no one will do paper dolls with me….
- None of those appeal? You can also find more ideas in What Sounds Fun This Week. Hint: It’s free day for Tacoma residents with proof of residency at the zoo!!
You’re looking for predictions on how long the strike will last? Well…..the district is in court today. I think there is a solid chance the judge will order the teachers back to work. Should that happen, however, they would still have to vote on whether to obey or defy the order. Sooooo…..While I could, of course, be totally wrong here, I am almost 100% certain the strike will continue for the rest of this week. How long it goes after today depends on what the judge says this morning.