Would you like to go to the Point Defiance Zoo for half-off this summer?
If a zoo trip is on your summer bucket list but you need a deal or coupon to save on your trip, here’s the day for you!
Friday, July 28th, you can go to the Point Defiance Zoo for Half Off General Admission.
They call it Half-Day for Half-Price, because the one catch is you have to leave early so the zoo can get ready for their big, annual party, Zobilee.
But that gives you from 9:30 AM to 2PM. I think that’s plenty of zoo going, don’t you?
The special half off prices will be $4.98 for tots, $6.98 for youths, $8.48 for seniors and $8.98 for adults. Children 2 and younger get in free.
Be sure to catch their live action animal show at noon and take time to check out the larger than life statues made of plastic trash! Our writer has a review of that exhibit here.
To get this half-off deal to the Point Defiance Zoo, you just need to show up on July 28th! Visit the zoo website if you need more information! Can’t go on July 28th? Read on for some other ways to save on a trip to the zoo.
Other Ways to Save on Zoo Admission
- Buy an annual pass-It pays for itself in just a couple of visits, and that way you can go any time without the pressure of having to see and do everything to, “Get your money’s worth.” You can purchase them at anytime. They typically offer a slight discount on or around Black Friday. Once you have a membership, you often get an offer to renew at a discount in your email around the time it expires.
- Take advantage of free days if you’re in Tacoma–The one exception to this advice is if you are a resident of the City of Tacoma and you can take advantage of (and don’t mind sticking to) monthly free days. You do need photo id and proof of residence for these. City of Tacoma taxpayers chipped in big for the zoo way back when, so that’s why they get special treatment.
- Buy online-You can save a few bucks with online purchasing, and you can bypass the lines when you arrive.
- Read Your kids may score a free day with a paying adult if they’re doing a library summer reading program. Tacoma Public Libraries offer this on one, specific day. The PCL system typically awards coupons.
- Check your Entertainment Book At one time there was a bogo admission offer in the Entertainment Book (I don’t have a current one-if you do, and you can check, that would be great)!
- Go to a Rainiers Game There is a 4 for 44.00 deal that will get you baseball tickets, hats, food, and zoo or Trek admissions. This is a spend money/save money type of thing, but it’s a great deal.
- Buy Yogurt. Through this summer you can get a free kids’ ticket with the purchase of Stonyfield yogurt.
- Go to one and enjoy the other (See the comment from reader Anna below)!
Other Ways to Save
- Bring Your Own Snacks And Food-There are tons of places to picnic in and around the zoo, and you’ll save a bunch over zoo concessions.
- Budget-There are quite a few add-ons at the zoo these days. I’d spring for the budgie feeding if you arrive early in the day when they’re hungry, and the camel ride is worth doing if you’ve never done one before. If your kids like to press pennies, they make for a much more affordable souvenir than anything in the gift shop. The key is letting the kids know in advance that you have a budget and will not be stopping at every kiosk!
If you’re new to the area, or just new to the Point Defiance Zoo with kids, we also have a How to Do the Zoo with Kids guide here!