Looking for some Free fun for the kids this summer? Aren’t we all?
Did you know communities around the South Sound host big name kids’ entertainers all summer long for FREE? It’s true! I’ll have these great kids’ concerts and shows in the calendar, but I know some of you like to plan ahead, so grab your calendar, call some pals, and make plans for a picnic play date with a free show!
This year’s guide is presented by Lacey in Tune. You’ll find some of the *best* in free entertainment for the whole family in Lacey this summer!
Virtually every city hosts free concerts during the summer months. We’ve highlighted the concerts geared specifically towards kids and families. If you’re a music lover, check out the sites linked below for more offerings. The complete list continues by city below.
On Wednesdays at noon, there will be Kids’ Concerts at Kent’s Town Square Plaza as part of the Kent Summer Concert Series. Here’s the awesome lineup:
- Wednesday, July 12, Tickle Tune Typhoon – These dancing veggies and robots will provide educational topics under the guise of silly fun!
- Wednesday, July 19, Joanie Leeds – Brooklyn-based singer has tunes about being green, food fights, and hipster culture for kids to enjoy!
- Wednesday, July 26, Eric Herman and the Puppy Dogs – Fun songs with Eric Herman will have kids dancing and laughing along!
- Wednesday, August 2, Mister G – This Latin Grammy winner is also a superstar in the world of family music! The Washington Post called him “a bilingual rockstar”!
- Wednesday, August 9, Roberto the Magnificent – Unicycles, pogo sticks, juggling knives, oh my! Plenty of giggles are in store for the kids with Roberto the Magnificent!
- Wednesday, August 16, Recess Monkey – Teachers turned rockers perform kid friendly music with clever lyrics parents love, too.
The City of Auburn hosts the Kids’ Summer Stage on Wednesdays at noon, July 12 through August 16, at noon. Les Gove is home to the excellent Discovery Playground and the Rotary Sprayground. Art activities also offered. Bring your swimsuit and a picnic and have a full day of fun. There is also the nearby climbing wall for ‘Get Outside & Climb’ from 1:00-3:00pm with unlimited climbing for $5 ($6 for non-residents). Expect lots of friends at this very popular spot.
- Wednesday, July 12 – Louie Foxx’s One Man Side Show
- Wednesday, July 19 – Reptile Isle
- Wednesday, July 26 – Recess Monkey
- Wednesday, August 2 – Eric Herman & the Thunder Puppies
- Wednesday, August 9 – The Magic of Jeff Evans
- Wednesday, August 16 – Professor Banjo
The City of Bonney Lake hosts their 3rd annual summer Kids’ Club. Step on our to Allan Yorke Park on Mondays at 6:30 pm for great events all summer long! Show lineup below:
- Monday, July 10 – Cowboy Buck & Elizabeth
- Monday, July 17 – Joanie Leeds
- Monday, July 24 – TBA
- Monday, July 31 – Son of Reptileman
- Monday, August 7 – Cap’n Arrr
- Monday, August 14 – Caspar Babypants
The City of Puyallup hosts Concerts in the Park June 27-August 24 at Pioneer Park and Bradley Lake Park. Kids will be excited to play at the newly opened sprayground and the playground. Note that there is little shade, so be prepared on particularly sunny days.
Kiwanis Kids Noon Tunes: Tuesdays at noon at Pioneer Park, unless otherwise noted
- Tuesday, June 27, Reptile Isle *Bradley Lake Park
- Tuesday, July 11, Tim Noah
- Tuesday, July 18, Tweenland
- Tuesday, July 25, Reptile Isle
- Tuesday, August 1, Recess Monkey
- Tuesday, August 8, Brian Waite Band
- Tuesday, August 15, The Not Its
- Tuesday, August 22, Greg Bennick *Bradley Lake Park
There also is the Community Campout on August 12 with the Maurice Crallie Band at Bradley Lake Park. The time is TBD as of now.
The City of Lacey’s Parks and Rec department offers a 7 week Lacey in Tune Children’s Entertainment Series. On Tuesdays at 6:30pm from June 20-August 1. You won’t want to miss this outstanding line up of some of the area’s best in kid entertainers!
There will also be family friendly concerts for the whole family on Wednesdays at 12, and still more great concerts on Saturdays before their free movies in the park!!
It all happens at Huntamer Park, and you can get more information here!
- June 20 Xakary the Magician — Magic Show
- June 27 Recess Monkey — Fun Family Music
- July 11 Border Collies — Performing Dogs
- July 18 Leapin’ Louie — Western Comedy Show
- July 25 Norman Foote — Comedian Songwriter
- August 1 Eric Haines — One Man Band & Comedy Juggling
There are also all kinds of children’s acts and performers coming to a library near you!
Wondering about free outdoor movies in the parks? We have a list of those here!
In the coming week you’ll also find our Summer Fun Guide in the menu bar with quick drop downs to all our best summer stuff. If you forget to check in with us (Gasp!) and you find Facebook isn’t showing you our stuff (Boo!) you might want to try our weekly email newsletter. It comes out on Thursdays, and it’s highlights from the weekend list. You can also now find us on Instagram!
Disclosure: We were not compensated by any organization in this post, but we are proud to be media sponsors of Lacey in Tune. If you attend one of their awesome shows and have a chance to mention Sounds Fun Mom, I’d sure appreciate it!