A quick reminder that tonight is the opening night party for Tacoma Arts Month!
It’s FREE, and there will be hands on activities for the kids and more fun. You can read all the details below! Missed our post on Tacoma Arts Month? You can find it here! It’s a month full of dance, music, art, and more, with tons of free and affordable events for families! The complete scoop on the opening party tonight continues below!
Tacoma Arts Month Opening Party
Thursday, September 29
6 – 9 PM
Asia Pacific Cultural Center, 4851 South Tacoma Way
Free and open to the public
No RSVP required
Start Tacoma Arts Month off on the right note with a kaleidoscope of entertainment including:
- Life-sized kaleidoscope installation by Tinkertopia
- Contemporary dance by the Barefoot Collective
- Cultural dance performances from Hawaii and Korea by Asia Pacific Cultural Center
- Music by Champagne Sunday
- Exhibit of Wayzgoose steamroller prints
- Multi-media art exhibits by Christopher Paul Jordan, Tiffanny Hammonds, Nofo Porter, Denis Maina, Saiyare Refaei, Jorge Garcia, and Kristin Giordano
- Poetry by Tacoma Poet Laureate Cathy Nguyen
- Film screenings by The Grand Cinema and Spaceworks Tacoma
- Hands-on art making with Tacoma Art Museum
- Interactive photo booth with Metro Parks Tacoma
- Corn-in-the-hole game with The Grand Cinema
- Juggling by Saylor Purtle
- Cirque and aerial performances by Vuelta la Luna
Enjoy appetizers and no-host bar while we honor the 2016 AMOCAT Arts Award winners and funding recipients. It’s all free and open to the public – pack up the family, invite your friends and come help us celebrate! Presented by the Tacoma Arts Commission and Spaceworks Tacoma; hosted by Asia Pacific Cultural Center. Event Sponsors: NW Stage, Artist & Craftsman Supply, The Grand Cinema.