You say the kids were bored of all their new toys by 10:30? Yep….sounds about right! Never fear-I’m here to help, with a list of a dozen fun things to do with the kids this winter break all around the South Sound.
1. Go to the Washington State History Museum The train exhibit is done, but there is still lots here for kids to see and do, and now you should be able to get a museum pass from your library for Free admission,
3.Try out a new bounce spot! Bounce-E House Tacoma is perfectly located for readers in South Tacoma,Midland, Summit, Puyallup, and Lakewood! Ask about downloading their app, and you may get a free session! Tell Matt I sent you!
4. Explore outdoors on a short hike (or walk)! Honestly, it’s really not all that cold out. Just wear jackets and boots, if you’re going somewhere muddy or wet. Here is a list of 10 great South Sound nature walks. The great outdoors is wide open, year round! If you head to a state park, you will need to bring your Discover WA pass.
5.Check out library fun in Gig Harbor. Gig Harbor area readers, you’re in luck! Most PCL branches are doing Nada this break, but the Gig Harbor team has been rocking it for you. Today you can see a free family movie at 1PM. Just go to the calendar and scroll to check out all that fun.
6. Check out Zoolights. It’s open through January 5th!
7. Use your deal! Got vouchers you’ve been hoarding? Go use them! You can also check my Deal of the Day page for some great deals on indoor, fun spots still available. I haven’t had time to check on hours for all of these, so if you want to use a voucher today or tomorrow, I’d check first.
8. Play for less! Speaking of which…..our great sponsors at Xtreme Bounce of Fun in Auburn are running specials just for you if you have tots or preschoolers, and our sponsors at Trampoline Nation and Tiffany’s Skate Inn are running some special holiday hours. Just click on their ads for all the scoop!
9. Make a splash! The amazing pool at the Federal Way Community Center has special holiday hours, and it’s an affordable way to have warm, water park style fun. See this post for other area pools with special features.
10. Climb and play for half-off! The folks at Charlie’s Safari in Lacey are again running an awesome food drive special. Bring in 3 items and get bogo admission! Includes everything except unlimited laser tag. I have a review of this spot here.
Bonus- 11. Explore the site! O.K….this is a shameless self promotion, but this site has 100s of ideas for South Sound family fun. If you haven’t gotten past the home page recently, maybe it’s time! I’ll also have a great list of weekend events and outings up Friday morning, as always and a fun, “Mom reviewed” post Thursday! Don’t want to miss a bit of fun? You’ll want to be sure you’re subscribed to my emails!
Disclosure: This post mentions several of our lovely sponsors. I do hope if you give them your business, you’ll thank them for helping me bring you Sounds Fun Mom! Thanks for doing that!