Wondering where to see Christmas Lights in the South Sound? Here’s my round up of best neighborhoods, based mostly on ideas from our Facebook community. Thank you soooo much for all your suggestions (I apologize if I left anyone out of the thank-yous), and if you know of other great houses or neighborhoods to drive by, please leave a comment so I can add it!
Update: Do be sure to check the comments below this post for more suggestions. Also, if you’re new here-welcome! I write about things you can go and do with your family around the South Sound. I have new ideas every single day, plus a huge list of fun and affordable outings every Friday morning. I hope you’ll consider subscribing to my emails or liking the site on Facebook!
- South King County
- Lake Wilderness Neighborhood off Witte Road in Maple Valley Sue says the neighborhood goes all out, and they’ll be collecting food donations this weekend.
- ViewPointe at Redondo in Federal Way drive Redondo Beach Drive until it becomes 1st Avenue S. Turn left on S. 30othPL. From the south, take 1st Avenue South and turn right. Lights on from 6PM-10PM Thanks, Jennifer, Allison, Sanja and others
- Sky Island in Bonney Lake Huge displays set to music and neighbors going, “All in,” to outdo each other! Go up 410 and turn right at the 2nd light by the Chevron and the Wendys. Readers recommend turning right on 181st Ave E or Left on 95th and then right on 181st for the best cul de sac. Know that the area is very busy on the weekends. Thanks, CoreyAnn, Hollie, and others
- Country Hollow/Siliver Creek area off 176th/Meridian/Gem Heights is really good, lights up already but give it after the weekend and even more will be up, we live in the neighborhood but drive through a couple times throughout the month of December. Thanks, Ashlee
- Crystal Ridge off Shaw Road recommended by Liz and several others There is a particularly impressive display in the first neighborhood to your left, a few houses in. It’s a massive collection set to music. You can find it by following the crowd!
- My brother in laws…in Orting on Nunnally. Every inch of house and yard is covered…they have their own radio station so it is timed to music. Thanks, Stefanie!
- Last year there was a Great effort at 1601 Riddell Ave NE I don’t know if it’s up this year, but it’s right nearby, so you can swing over and see.
- Argent suggests a house on 48th a few blocks off Pacific Ave towards the mall, and adds that there are several good efforts on 54th right off Pacific Avenue.
- You can also hit the professional, fee based light displays at Fantasy Lights around Spanaway Lake/S Tacoma-Lakewood, or at Zoolights at the Point Defiance Zoo!
- The SFM crew drives through Wildwood Estates off 40th. It’s more a quantity than a quality issue-nothing massive but nearly every house has something. If you know of others, let us know! We always do this on our way back from Christmas Eve church.
- Macaroni Kid Kitsap readers recommend the RoyalWood neighborhood in Port Orchard
- Reader Tami and several others recommend the Ken Lakes neighborhood; go South on Black Lake Blvd. off 101
- There are nearly a dozen more well lit areas in Olympia on the Tacoma News Tribune’s interactive holiday lights guide. It’s pretty cool; you can print out addresses!Way to represent, Olympia!
If you know of other great neighborhood light displays, please do leave a comment! Thanks to everyone for your help with this post. I can’t wait to load the kids up and go check some of these out. Do you think we can drink cocoa while daddy drives?
Blue house photo courtesy and property of CoreyAnn of AdventureBee