Seriously, how cute are these MnM sticks? I love that they look all Martha, but are totally do-able! This crafty post is from Angela Tutton, reader mom and crafter extraordinaire. She promises me that you can find all the supplies you need easily at Michael’s, if you don’t already have them in your craft closet. It’s not hard at all, and you can easily make it even simpler by buying ready made tags and writing your own custom message.
- 1″ x 8″ Lip & Tape Bags from http://www.gtbags.com/ or http://www.clearbags.com Shipping at gtbags.com is very quick and less expensive, (See below for a local idea as well.)
- Scallop CIrcle Punch
- 1 1/2″ Circle Punch
- Under the Sea Stamp Set
- Cranberry Cardstock
- White Daisy Cardstock
- Cranberry Ink Pad
- Blending Penor paintbrush/water
- M&Ms or other small candy
- Bamboo Skewer
- Printer paper
- Punch out a 1 1/2″ circle out of white cardstock
- Place the clear acrylic crab stamp on a clear acrylic block
- Using a red Cranberry Ink Pad, stamp the crab onto the white circle
- Using the Blending Pen or paintbrush, swipe over the top of the inked crab and fill in the outlines to give it a watercolor look
- Punch out a matching Cranberry circle using the 2″ Scallop Circle Punch
- Have your child sign the back of the Scallop circle toward the bottom
- Add the candy to the clear bag (see Angela’s Blog here for helpful tips)
- Staple the Cranberry Scallop Circle to the top of the bag
- Put adhesive (I like Tombow Permanent Adhesive) on the back of the white circle
- Stick the white circle on top of the Cranberry Scallop circle so the staple doesn’t show on the front
*You can find most of the supplies on Angela’s website or similar products at craft stores. The clear bags, however, cannot be found at craft stores, but you can find 2″ x 8″ pretzel bags at Michaels and stack other candy such as Peppermint Patties end to end for another look.
For more visual instructions, you can check out her blog here: http://tuttonstreasures.
Angela also has a parent and kiddo scrapbook workshop coming up. If you love the idea of scrapping with your kids, but not the hassle with getting all the materials ready and cleaning up…..this is for you! Plus, I think it would be a super fun way to get to know other crafty moms. Angela will make you feel right at home. You can find all the details right here at her blog.